Illinois Post Game Thread

KDB

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I like Bardo. 

Bardo's ok as long as he's doing a game or analysis that doesn't involve Illinois... Same with Hummel... They're human... Their bias comes through at times, and that's ok...

I know BTN hired Fife to do some games. I heard him do one... Can't remember who it was, but he wasn't bad...

Wonder what he'd be like doing an IU game? 

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Bardo's ok as long as he's doing a game or analysis that doesn't involve Illinois... Same with Hummel... They're human... Their bias comes through at times, and that's ok...

I know BTN hired Fife to do some games. I heard him do one... Can't remember who it was, but he wasn't bad...

Wonder what he'd be like doing an IU game? 

I'll take Bardo lol 

Didn’t get a chance to watch the game until last night, but man that was a just dominance over Illinois on their court. I’m actually surprised we didn’t beat them by 25. 

Geronimo seems to be getting what his role is now. Glad that he and Woodson figured that out. 

And TJD looks like his back is almost 100%. Dude looks like he is on a mission - probably realizes that this is his last shot st making some big noise in the tournament. 

My favorite part of the game was how quickly the crowd abandoned their or “IU sucks” chant. That lasted about a minute before we started stepping on their team’s throat - on their home court. 

On to the next. I HATE the whining Sparties and their coach. Cannot have a let up tomorrow. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, D-BONE said:

I thought there were at least 2 or 3 occasions where he had a shot immediately on receiving the pass. But either his release is just too slow, he's not in position to shoot, or he just hesitates and passes on the shot. 

Now on at least one of those, regardless of the precise reason, he kept the ball moving when their defense was in rotation/scramble and it wound up in a solid shot attempt by someone else. So that's a positive. 

He's not a guy who's going to get a lot of shots in the pecking order. But he's a good shooter so I'd like to see him be more aggressive in just looking for his shot. Even if we're talking an additional three 3s a game. If they're reasonable opportunities, I'll take my chances with them.

Exactly. 

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

But DWB, does that mean we have to get rid of he IU-NW rivalry?

Was there ever one with them? They might think there's one now because of Kopp, but MN has a better chance at a rivalry with us than NW. (I know you were being sarcastic...so am I)

Don't know if anyone else caught it, but when Terrance Shannon Jr pretty much mowed over Trey on a drive to the basket, and Trey looked at the ref like "WTF?" Shannon, being the punk he is, called Trey a "bitch" twice...

Later they had to be separated by a ref around the FT line on on inbounds play...

Hope Trey was telling him, "Look at the scoreboard... Bitch." 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Don't know if anyone else caught it, but when Terrance Shannon Jr pretty much mowed over Trey on a drive to the basket, and Trey looked at the ref like "WTF?" Shannon, being the punk he is, called Trey a "bitch" twice...

Later they had to be separated by a ref around the FT line on on inbounds play...

Hope Trey was telling him, "Look at the scoreboard... Bitch." 

Did the mic pick it up or lip reading? I remember him standing over Trey after the bull rush layup