Morgan's All B1G Season

2 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

that could work for or against a guy's case as being all-conference.

One could argue that with no other good players on the team, that defenses will specifically game-plan to stop the one stud. Juwan excelling using that argument could lead to a first team nod.

On the other hand, the argument could be made that, with so few other options on the team, someone has to score and rebound. In that scenario, unless the team really stockpiles wins at the end of the season, his contributions may not be deemed as valuable

That's why the efficiency numbers for Morgan are so impressive. 

Wow they make excuses for Little Ricky. Lol As if IU hasn't had a transfer, a season ending injury, a RS kid, and a brutal schedule. 2 open scholarships and a walk- on start. Yet Minny has it so rough that it called for the reminder plea. Oh, and Hartman is a shell of his level last year (as in this fall when he at least hit near double digits) due to his own injuries.

4 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

Wow they make excuses for Little Ricky. Lol As if IU hasn't had a transfer, a season ending injury, a RS kid, and a brutal schedule. 2 open scholarships and a walk- on start. Yet Minny has it so rough that it called for the reminder plea. Oh, and Hartman is a shell of his level last year (as in this fall when he at least hit near double digits) due to his own injuries.

They deserve what is happening to them. Lynch was always a problem and Lil Ricky kept him around. 

15 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

They deserve what is happening to them. Lynch was always a problem and Lil Ricky kept him around. 

I always feel for the injured kids and do for theirs, but the program does deserve the crap luck for sure! 

Both of those two should've been ran out of town. a long time ago over the mess with Lynch alone..

It wouldn't surprise me if daddy is paying someone off or doing some favor to keep his boy's seat either. Maybe he's sending them hookers lol  

I know Vic and Cody were great players, and we have had several players over the past 20 years play well and go pro, but I just think Morgan has been more impressive that just about all of them.  I may be remembering things wrong, but Cody never played at this level of skill, toughness and production, did he?  Remember, Morgan is the player who played through several separated shoulders his freshman year.  The guy is tough, he produces, he talks to kids after games.  Whether or not he gets on the 1st team all Big Ten does little to change my view that if we could have players like Morgan year after year, we would stop this nonsense of losing to Wisconsin, missing the tourney every other year, and finally win a Big Ten Tournament Championship.  He is quickly becoming one of my all time favorites, and started at IU the same time as Calbert and his posse.  That is all.

1 hour ago, IUDan93 said:

I know Vic and Cody were great players, and we have had several players over the past 20 years play well and go pro, but I just think Morgan has been more impressive that just about all of them.  I may be remembering things wrong, but Cody never played at this level of skill, toughness and production, did he?  Remember, Morgan is the player who played through several separated shoulders his freshman year.  The guy is tough, he produces, he talks to kids after games.  Whether or not he gets on the 1st team all Big Ten does little to change my view that if we could have players like Morgan year after year, we would stop this nonsense of losing to Wisconsin, missing the tourney every other year, and finally win a Big Ten Tournament Championship.  He is quickly becoming one of my all time favorites, and started at IU the same time as Calbert and his posse.  That is all.

I think Morgan is definitely a much tougher post player than Zeller was, and their shooting percentages show that Morgan is a more effective post scorer.  I remember being more frustrated than impressed with Zeller over the last half of his sophomore season at IU.  Morgan is bringing it every single game.

7 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I think Morgan is definitely a much tougher post player than Zeller was, and their shooting percentages show that Morgan is a more effective post scorer.  I remember being more frustrated than impressed with Zeller over the last half of his sophomore season at IU.  Morgan is bringing it every single game.

This is how I remember feeling about Zeller, too.  

44 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

@milehiiu - any information on what Morgan is thinking of doing after this season, or what he is hearing from scouts? I believe there were 2 scouts sitting behind the bench last night.

Yes. His performances the past few games has him thinking about testing the waters.  His star is starting to rise among NBA scouts.  And he has been made aware.  Hence, the thread I started about him a few days back in terms of his coming back or not.   I would hate to lose him, based on how he is playing. However that is the very reason, why.... we may lose him. 

On 2/10/2018 at 5:41 PM, milehiiu said:

Yes. His performances the past few games has him thinking about testing the waters.  His star is starting to rise among NBA scouts.  And he has been made aware.  Hence, the thread I started about him a few days back in terms of his coming back or not.   I would hate to lose him, based on how he is playing. However that is the very reason, why.... we may lose him. 

Man, that would be a tough blow to handle if he does leave. I remember at the beginning of this season I had him slated as maybe our 3rd or 4th best player behind Deron, Rojo and Devonte if he were to break out this year...didn't take him too long to cement the best player on the team tag. Now it goes without saying.

Tremendous improvement, just hoping we get him for one more go around. I think he will definitely use the trial period to work out with some NBA teams to at least get feedback at this point...will be some tense weeks leading up to what he decides for Hoosier Nation :panic:

13 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

If Juwan is not 1st Team they should stop having such a team. He won't win BTPOY, but he is the best player in the conference. What conference game have we played where he wasn't the best player on the court? I guess MSU and JJ played his best collegiate game the other. 

Absolutely has to be 1st team

13 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

If Juwan is not 1st Team they should stop having such a team. He won't win BTPOY, but he is the best player in the conference. What conference game have we played where he wasn't the best player on the court? I guess MSU and JJ played his best collegiate game the other. 

I absolutely agree. As far as games he wasn't the best player on the court, I would also say Haap in the Wisconsin game. 

13 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Certainly, the OSU game he was not the best player on the court

5 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Certainly, the OSU game he was not the best player on the court

Oh... the game where we played on the road on one day rest? Where they had 5 days rest... he played 36 mins against Purdue had 24 and 7. 

Diop rebounded him. Big whoop.

Come next Friday KBP best pack a lunch or he'll get bullied. 

On 2/10/2018 at 5:41 PM, milehiiu said:

There's no doubt Juwan has been special- and I know the NBA has changed- especially with the emergence of the Warriors.  

What NBA player would you really compare him to?  Draymond green?  A less crazy Ron Artest?  Malik Rose?

He may very well play in the NBA- but he really doesn't fit a typical profile.  

12 minutes ago, Blazin Hazin said:

There's no doubt Juwan has been special- and I know the NBA has changed- especially with the emergence of the Warriors.  

What NBA player would you really compare him too?  Draymond green?  A less crazy Ron Artest?  Malik Rose?

He may very well play in the NBA- but he really doesn't fit a typical profile.  

I've thought he compared well to Draymond since his freshman year. 

Archived