MSU Post Game Thread

KDB

24 minutes ago,  Inequality said: 

Speaking of feeding, wife has homemade lasagna when I get home. It’s a twice a year thing because she knows I could eat the whole pan if she’d let me. What a great day. Enjoy the rest of y’all’s evening!

3 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I love lasagna more than anyone and gave this post its first like, but how is this the post of the day so far? 

It's metaphorical IMO. TJD is Lasagna, his wife is JHS and @Inequalityis the IU fan base. 

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

People need to understand that Coach Woodson believes in defined roles for his guys.

We (fans) view Miller's role as a spot up 3 point shooter and nothing more.

Clearly, Coach has defined a different role for him, and he actually.plays it well.

He is perhaps our best team defender (not one on one), is always directing people.on the court and makes 3 or 4 solid hustle plays per game.

That's the role he is assigned. Not a spot up shooter. That's the fans perspective.

He plays his ACTUAL role quite well most of the time.

His presence in the corner does also help keep the lane more clear for TJD. Put JG in the corner instead, and his defender is going to just ignore him out there and clog the lane.

• Thanks 1

In the recent past, potentially promising IU teams have fallen off the table with long excruciating losing streaks. This season could have been the same when you think about how they lost and the key injuries.

No idea what happens next but they are back in position to do something special. Work Race back into service and maybe add X late. Who knows?

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

You're the pro i guess, you would know better.

Ok, whatever. Did you not see Hauser torch JG today, and Hauser isn't even really wing offensively even though he spends time on the perimeter. 

JG doesn't space the floor like Kopp does, Kopp is one of our best perimeter defenders and one of the smartest defenders. JG is the complete opposite of all of those things. 

I guess i had just thought after the evidence of the last 3 games where JG has starred in his junkyard dog, athletic college 4 role that we had finally put to bed this notion that JG is somehow a wing, even though no coach has ever played him there?

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I love lasagna more than anyone and gave this post its first like, but how is this the post of the day so far? 

My like wasn't even about lasagna. My wife loves to cook, and makes meals for me regularly. It's how she shows her love and it's one of the best feelings in the world when she brings me a plate of amazing food. I thought it was neat the OP was having that feeling too. 😊

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rico said:

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

24 minutes ago,  Inequality said: 

Speaking of feeding, wife has homemade lasagna when I get home. It’s a twice a year thing because she knows I could eat the whole pan if she’d let me. What a great day. Enjoy the rest of y’all’s evening!

It's metaphorical IMO. TJD is Lasagna, his wife is JHS and @Inequalityis the IU fan base. 

You guys been watching Bill Walton, have ya? 🙂

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

My like wasn't even about lasagna. My wife loves to cook, and makes meals for me regularly. It's how she shows her love and it's one of the best feelings in the world when she brings me a plate of amazing food. I thought it was neat the OP was having that feeling too. 😊

For the holidays, my wife will make 2 pans. One to share with family and 1 for me to eat over the next couple days. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Ok, whatever. Did you not see Hauser torch JG today, and Hauser isn't even really wing offensively even though he spends time on the perimeter. 

JG doesn't space the floor like Kopp does, Kopp is one of our best perimeter defenders and one of the smartest defenders. JG is the complete opposite of all of those things. 

I guess i had just thought after the evidence of the last 3 games where JG has starred in his junkyard dog, athletic college 4 role that we had finally put to bed this notion that JG is somehow a wing, even though no coach has ever played him there?

I just don't buy Kopp as being one of our best perimeter defenders. His basketball IQ certainly helps, but the dude is slow. Schifino, Johnson, Galloway, and Bates (when he feels like it), are all way better defenders. 

1 minute ago, ephul said:

I just don't buy Kopp as being one of our best perimeter defenders. His basketball IQ certainly helps, but the dude is slow. Schifino, Johnson, Galloway, and Bates (when he feels like it), are all way better defenders. 

Kopp is a way better defender than Bates and had been better then JHS many times this year.

Defense, or lack thereof, is the biggest reason Bates minutes have been inconsistent to this point in his career. 

Though he was much better today. 

• Like 6