MSU Post Game Thread

KDB

9 minutes ago, ephul said:

I just don't buy Kopp as being one of our best perimeter defenders. His basketball IQ certainly helps, but the dude is slow. Schifino, Johnson, Galloway, and Bates (when he feels like it), are all way better defenders. 

I disagree and he has had to bail out JG a lot because JG can’t defend so Woodson has had to use Kopp as the guy to switch defenders with JG. We mostly lost in Iowa because JG got DESTROYEDDD by Murray after Race went down. Today Houser destroyed JG again because JG gets caught ball watching and can’t multi task by watching his defender as well.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, ephul said:

I just don't buy Kopp as being one of our best perimeter defenders. His basketball IQ certainly helps, but the dude is slow. Schifino, Johnson, Galloway, and Bates (when he feels like it), are all way better defenders. 

And there are games and situations those 3.. (and last year--Phin, XJ, TG) will be the 3 on the court... and still that might include Kopp at the 4, again...situational.

But..  no XJ. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I disagree and he has had to bail out JG a lot because JG can’t defend so Woodson has had to use Kopp as the guy to switch defenders with JG. We mostly lost in Iowa because JG got DESTROYEDDD by Murray after Race went down. Today Houser destroyed JG again because JG gets caught ball watching and can’t multi task by watching his defender as well.

Great post

52 minutes ago, Indykev said:

One debate at a time. But you can KOPP brings nothing to this team JG cant do.

How about just the skill of passing?

😆 not even in the same realm of trust.  

Why generate a false debate when they don't and won't play the same role?  We have seen Kopp play as the 4 in about 12 minutes in a year and a half.  We have seen JG play as a 3 about 12 minutes over the years and they weren't pretty either.  

And that's basically the end of the discussion. 

• Like 5

I agree that Kopp adds great value to this team for many of the reasons already given. However, I was swearing to myself when he got the F1 for what I thought was a really stupid play, and then they went on a 10-0 run. He does some great things, but for a guy who is smart enough to get into Northwestern, he sure does some dumb stuff 

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I agree that Kopp adds great value to this team for many of the reasons already given. However, I was swearing to myself when he got the F1 for what I thought was a really stupid play, and then they went on a 10-0 run. He does some great things, but for a guy who is smart enough to get into Northwestern, he sure does some dumb stuff 

The F1 was definitely uncalled for and borderline stupid.  

• Like 2

I have two thoughts on that, 1) the foul was stupid, but 2) turning that into an F1 was a horrible call by the officials. 

• Like 6

I think that was more Larry Scrotum seeing if his pea worked...

I've seen more contact in a shuffleboard game...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dawg Bawls said:

So Ive been in hospital last 3 games... do i dare get discharged?

in full disclosure i was at the Northwestern game....

Did they put one of those cone things around your neck?

HEY, if ya gonna be impotent, ya need to look impotent!

(based on an old joke about a dog, dressed in a tux, going to the vet to be neutered).

• Haha 2