Minnesota Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

I mean this in the most delicate way possible. Hate it for the Minny players but love it for our guys. It would be nice to be on the other end of benefitting from some injuries. Even if they were fully healthy it would be a tough task.

Get the win. No stupid injuries and get back South for Saturday night. 

• Like 4

From the NCAA rule book 

Section 2. The Team
Art. 1. At the start of the game, each team shall consist of five players, one of whom shall be the captain�
Art. 2. Each team may continue to play with fewer than five players when all other team members are not eligible or able to play�
Art. 3. When there is only one player participating for a team, that team shall forfeit unless the referee believes that both teams have an opportunity to win�

Minnesota will have 6 scholarship players + 2 walk ons

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

From the NCAA rule book 

Section 2. The Team
Art. 1. At the start of the game, each team shall consist of five players, one of whom shall be the captain�
Art. 2. Each team may continue to play with fewer than five players when all other team members are not eligible or able to play�
Art. 3. When there is only one player participating for a team, that team shall forfeit unless the referee believes that both teams have an opportunity to win�

Minnesota will have 6 scholarship players + 2 walk ons

There are still special COVID rules in place that require 7 scholarship players to play. My 3 minutes of searching couldn't find the exact wording, so I don't know how many have to be out specifically for COVID.

15 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Only bad things happen in the barn .....

would you even play Race tonight ?

Yes. Last game in front of his friends and family. Doesn't need a whole lot of minutes. I'm ok starting him and running a few plays for him. Or maybe doing that in the second half with a big lead. 

Edited by Reacher
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Yes. Last game in front of his friends and family. Doesn't need a whole lot of minutes. I'm ok starting him and running a few plays for him. Or maybe doing that in the second half with a big lead. 

Anyone who has played sports and had an injury knows it's more mental vs physical when coming back. I say give Race as much opps as he can so that he can be fully normal in a few games....but I also don't want to risk injury. 

Let's just jump out early and put this one away. 

• Like 2