Scott Rolen Elected to Baseball Hall of Fame

IUFLA

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Is the Legend wing restricted to a certain number of players, let's say 35 for the sake of argument.  So, when Mike Trout gets elected, does he bump someone out of the Legend wing?

Never said that they should limit the net of players but it should be for the very best and not just for very good players.  You should be considered one of the best players of your generation and probably lead the league in in a few categories during your career.

So, Anyway, here's how I am going to approach my 50 most Hall-Worthy players list.  Players should be valued against their peers.  this means not only generational peers, but their positional peers as well.  Based on that concept, I'm going to put together 3 all-time teams of 15 players each. 

Each team will consist of the following: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Utility (for multi-positional guys), SP, SP, SP, SP, & RP.

That's 3 teams of 15 players each, which will get me to 45 players.  Tha leaves me with 5 'bonus' spots for a deserving player that did not make the initial cut for the position in order to get to a Hall of 50.  Taking a concept from Bracketology, I will then select a 'First 5 Out'.  And, finally, I will look at active players that will likely crack the top 50 at some point in the future, which would result in bumping someone out.  I mean, we have to keep it the elite of the elite.  Right?

I'm ready to get started on this and will try to get my 'First Team' posted tonight.

• 3 weeks later...