Minnesota Post Game

ButlerHoosier

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Ohhh.. yep, great call on the missed charge. 

I do think.. from our bench/Yas vantage point... it would have been hard to tell if JG did or not... 

The complaint on that play really should have been WHO called the charge... it was the official next to Minnesotas bench (shocker!).. he had an awful view(the Minnesota defenders backside)..

It WASNT the official who was positioned PERFECTLY under the baseline. 

those are the types of things with officials that drive me up a wall. 

That same official, I believe was the one who missed JHS getting hit on the drive to the rim... he was also the one who COMPLETELY missed JHS drive when they called a foul and he wasn't touched. Thompsons 4th. 

I understand that officials are taught to make the call instinctively just as all athletes are taught to compete instinctively! But it’s the TV Ted’s that ruin the game because they believe their instincts are better than the next guy!

16 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I understand that officials are taught to make the call instinctively just as all athletes are taught to compete instinctively! But it’s the TV Ted’s that ruin the game because they believe their instincts are better than the next guy!

I know BIG has the reputation of letting them play, like the fouls called in the tourney aren't called in the BIG or whatever, but it's a disgrace how much these games are decided by the officials. It's almost like they say amongst themselves "ok, time to call a bunch of fouls and while were at it, let's review a few calls that everyone in arena saw but we'll take 5 minutes to look at it and then maybe get them right." Both Galloway and Reneau (although they do make some boneheaded defensive plays) get called for a foul as soon as they step on the court. And I have never seen a guy get called for more fouls while simultaneously getting elbowed in the face as much as JHS. I do believe bitching at the refs does work, I really do. Love or hate CBK but his teams got to the line a lot. In this case, it might have actually hurt Minny because they suck at FTs.

Edited by OGIUAndy

12 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Jalen's face has been called for more fouls than Zack Edey has... 

During the first half of Minnesota,  Jalen did deliver a blow to defenders face, definitely not intentional or egregious and he still received the foul.  I believe the refs did look at it and kept the original foul on Minny.  

But the 2 he received should have been f1 or at least offensive.