Minnesota Post Game

ButlerHoosier

3 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Didn't Ya say that today was his 23rd birthday. 23

....TWENTY FREAKING THREE (this can't be right, do I need better hearing aids?)

coaching a B1G conference game.

AHH HELL NO. looking back of course, when I was 23 I knew EVERYTHING, how about you... all?

Yes, you need hearing aids lol. It is his twin sons birthday today.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Didn't Ya say that today was his 23rd birthday. 23

....TWENTY FREAKING THREE (this can't be right, do I need better hearing aids?)

coaching a B1G conference game.

AHH HELL NO. looking back of course, when I was 23 I knew EVERYTHING, how about you... all?

I don't know about 23? Coaching CCB is stressful but that's a lot of grey hair for a 23 year old. Maybe everything turned grey during the Minnesota game?

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 10.02.15 PM.png

8 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'm stone sober.   Entitled to my own opinion just like you.  Probably wasn't his best material.  But I still got a chuckle.  Loosen your feathers.  We won.  4 game win streak and heading home.  

I bitched about someone not able to simply move on past making a bad comment..... By making a bad comment that I could have simply moved on past. And didn't. 

Now who's the idiot?? ..... don't answer that, we all know.  Mea Culpa.

4 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I bitched about someone not able to simply move on past making a bad comment..... By making a bad comment that I could have simply moved on past. And didn't. 

Now who's the idiot?? ..... don't answer that, we all know.  Mea Culpa.

I'm going to bed.  

Don't go all kylehornsbyrules on me in my sleep.  

Certainly not going to stoop to name calling.  

Night y'all 

• Like 3

Even ugly wins are WINS !!!  Reneau has improved faster than any player I've seen in years! I feel his defense is much improved , he's not putting his hands on people now. I think he only had one foul tonight. He has a knack for getting the ball in the basket.  I think he is better than RT. Trey G made a couple of stupid turmovers, BUT he stepped up big late in the game, hit a huge three, snd two Free throws.  I think he is a winner, he sure doesn't like to lose. Great win!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IU247 said:

Til

WE roll with the plan! Next man up!

At this point, none of these kids are babies. They know what it takes to win and what effort will get you a loss. At this point, the most important coach should be in the floor playing. This isn't game 2.

They won tonight, part of the next "game plan" is, how do we win if all of the coaches are gone. That's thinking like a man (men).

• Like 1

Take the W and get out of town fast. Road wins are tough especially when you make it difficult on yourself.

Lots of quick shots early in the clock. Lots of forced shots with a hand in their face. Long stretches where your best player doesn't touch the ball. First half fouling was at times unexplainable (better in the second half).

The margin of error is slim for this team. They make it hard on themselves. Not a problem with effort but decision making.

Just under 8 to go in the game and TJD is rolling. A JHS drive and lob for a monster dunk by Trayce is a highlight reel. So, obviously they go five straight possessions and 3 min of game time where he doesn't touch the ball on offense. Why? 

They have a chance to be special but they've got to cherish possessions more and foul less. 

Glad for the win but feels fortunate to escape considering they had several out with injury.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Bushmage said:

I get not wanting to pile on Ya but what I don’t get is just because he’s never been a head coach he couldn’t figure out Malik and JG need to get back in the game. There were insanely obvious things missed. That’s the frustration.

of course he wasn’t gonna be mike woodson. But he was literally a detriment to the team in pretty much all facets. Without Trayce being one of the best in the country we lose to a bad team with only 6 available scholarship players. That’s crazy.

He wasn’t in charge of substitutions. Hunter and Walsh were. So if this is every complaint then blame the correct people.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Minnesota was #216 in the NET going into last night's game.  Would have been a Quad 3 loss if we had not pulled it out. 

NET      PREV                                                        ROAD   NEUT   HOME      Q1       Q2       Q3        Q4

image.png.90e64f35af82fa6b0642eadeef10be83.png

I think I take 3 things from that game as the staff.

1)I hit effort again this week.  Minnesota was severely outmanned but they gave us a game with hustle.  With a few exceptions they were coming up with the live balls.

2)We need to do a remedial walk through on how to play against the zone.  After Iowa and tonight, I could see more coaches throwing it at us.  We don't attack the zone well at all.

3)I have a talk with JHS about knowing when to force an issue and when your doing too much can hurt the team.  I think he felt someone else had to step up last night and his forcing it hurt a little.  I appreciate the gumption but you have to know the difference.

Bonus 4)All that said, we won.  We are back above .500.  Take care of Ohio State and get back to the effort of the 3 games before this one and we have played our way back into the thick of the conference.  Let's get back to that and see where it takes us.

• Like 1

WHEW! 

Honest first thought - Big props to Minnesota for an incredible effort/performance under difficult circumstances. I thought they outhustled for major portions of the game. The team that is the aggressor in this area usually creates a lot of opportunities for itself. That and the slow-down game plan gave them a legit chance and made our life miserable.

Kopp was actually LOOKING for his shot some tonight! Hip hip hooray! He needs to stay aggressive and get looks. Too good a shooter not to utilize more in the offense.

TJD = beast.

We were fortunate to pull this one out. Let's re-focus on concentration, intensity, execution (against the zone in particular) in response to some of our weaknesses in the loss. Need to get JG and TB back to contributing ASAP.  JHS, break out of slump Saturday too please.

Edited by D-BONE
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Ya just said in the postgame he pulled him because Manny went small and were driving him....

I don't have an issue with that, I have an issue with Race being the answer to that though. 

Exactly, and Race was getting abused on D as well.  When Minny went small, the lineup I’ve been clamoring for should have been used.  TJD, JHS, Bates, Galloway, and Kopp at the 4.

4 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

Exactly, and Race was getting abused on D as well.  When Minny went small, the lineup I’ve been clamoring for should have been used.  TJD, JHS, Bates, Galloway, and Kopp at the 4.

Bates gave us nothing last night.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2