Ohio State Post Game Thread

KDB

Somewhere, a 4th grade girls volleyball practice is being conducted unsupervised.

Meanwhile, OSU is a very interesting case study on when a bunch of pretty good pieces don't necessarily function as a solid unit.  I have a hard time imagining Sensabaugh isn't listening to his coaches.  Likewise, it would surprise me if his upper class teammates don't like him.  I'm sure there are little moments of jealousy and irritation like you'd have with any set of teammates, but he seems to be a pretty good kid just by looking at his demeanor.  I would think Illinois would have more trouble in getting all their new parts to play together than OSU and yet, OSU is the team in freefall.  Chalk that one up to something I didn't expect to see this year.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Somewhere, a 4th grade girls volleyball practice is being conducted unsupervised.

Meanwhile, OSU is a very interesting case study on when a bunch of pretty good pieces don't necessarily function as a solid unit.  I have a hard time imagining Sensabaugh isn't listening to his coaches.  Likewise, it would surprise me if his upper class teammates don't like him.  I'm sure there are little moments of jealousy and irritation like you'd have with any set of teammates, but he seems to be a pretty good kid just by looking at his demeanor.  I would think Illinois would have more trouble in getting all their new parts to play together than OSU and yet, OSU is the team in freefall.  Chalk that one up to something I didn't expect to see this year.

I thought Holden would be an important piece for them, but he’s given them nothing. They just don’t have enough offensive firepower and they aren’t great defensively. Just good enough to be in every game, but lapses are fatal. Sensabaugh has to do too much. They only had 9 assists. Not really due to hero ball but Sensabaugh handles the ball a lot and has to create for himself (which he’s good at). If he goes pro, which I expect, things could be really rough in Columbus next year. 

6 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I thought Holden would be an important piece for them, but he’s given them nothing. They just don’t have enough offensive firepower and they aren’t great defensively. Just good enough to be in every game, but lapses are fatal. Sensabaugh has to do too much. They only had 9 assists. Not really due to hero ball but Sensabaugh handles the ball a lot and has to create for himself (which he’s good at). If he goes pro, which I expect, things could be really rough in Columbus next year. 

The whole scenario just strikes me as odd.  Holtman seems to get his share of good players...even in the Bronny James sweepstakes, and yet, that team looks very dysfunctional.  No idea why they can't at least play defense.

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

The whole scenario just strikes me as odd.  Holtman seems to get his share of good players...even in the Bronny James sweepstakes, and yet, that team looks very dysfunctional.  No idea why they can't at least play defense.

As someone has stated earlier, their pieces aren't fitting together.  Now is that the coach or the players?  I dunno.

3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Losing sensabaugh may have an addition by subtraction type affect. Whatever it is, it ain’t workin for them.

13 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I think Sensabaugh gets taken out because he’s not in great shape. He came out like 5-6 minutes into the game and I was like wow really. Then it happened again in second half and then once it got to a point where they weren’t making up ground with or without him the coach just decided to give him rest. He’s gonna need to get in way better shape for most NBA teams that’s for sure.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I think Sensabaugh gets taken out because he’s not in great shape. He came out like 5-6 minutes into the game and I was like wow really. Then it happened again in second half and then once it got to a point where they weren’t making up ground with or without him the coach just decided to give him rest. He’s gonna need to get in way better shape for most NBA teams that’s for sure.

Bingo

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

If it's this far into the season and you are still not in shape, that could be a good indicator that he only works on what he wants to, not what the coach wants him to and what the team needs. That could lead to locker room issues, I would think.

8 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

If it's this far into the season and you are still not in shape, that could be a good indicator that he only works on what he wants to, not what the coach wants him to and what the team needs. That could lead to locker room issues, I would think.

Several of their players look out of shape. They must have a lot of fast food NIL deals

• Like 1
  • Haha 1