Maryland Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

Going to be a tough game but maybe we get enough IU fans there to give it a neutral court vibe. 

I keep thinking unless Reese can handle Trayce pretty much by himself, Race and especially Malik can have their way with Donta Scott...

We can put the clamps on Jamir Young...

And I'd like to see Jalen come out on a road game as aggresively as he did on Saturday...We're gonna need to be better from outside than we were at The Barn

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Sitting at 6-4 in conference kind of makes it very important to win at least 1 of the 2 games this week.  Obviously, if I could only pick one, I would pick the home game on Saturday. 

But, which is more likely?  

I think beating Purdue is more likely than beating Maryland

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe because it's Maryland and I just don't know enough about them or hear much about them. Did they just come out of nowhere become good? I mean wins vs Illinois, Michigan, Sconny....close losses at Purdue/Tennessee. 

I can see why their favored.

They've been pretty confusing all year. Started out winning their first 8, got run out of their own building by UCLA and again at Michigan, close losses to Tennessee and Purdue, blew out Wisconsin at their place. New coach, new system, kind of hard to get a feel for what kind of team they are, but they're generally tough at home. Tricky game, and certainly potential for a trap game with a fairly important game coming up on Saturday. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

They've been pretty confusing all year. Started out winning their first 8, got run out of their own building by UCLA and again at Michigan, close losses to Tennessee and Purdue, blew out Wisconsin at their place. New coach, new system, kind of hard to get a feel for what kind of team they are, but they're generally tough at home. Tricky game, and certainly potential for a trap game with a fairly important game coming up on Saturday. 

It's why these last 5 were so important. Gives us breathing room and if we lose a road game it's not the end of the world.

• Like 1

I'm pretty antsy about this game. It's one that on paper I think we should win, but it's a road game and it's at a bit of an unfortunate time in the schedule. 

Maryland struggles to stop teams scoring inside, and they struggle to shoot the three themselves, so again, on paper that should really favor us. I go back and forth on what our strategy should be with Jahmir Young - he's a bit of a volume scorer and we don't want him to get going but I'm also not sure they can win if no one else gets going. 

I do think we are going to have our way on offense. Might we one of those games we only take 10-12 threes because we just can't be stopped inside.

I think we are out of the 'must win' category, but it would be really dang nice to win and keep the momentum going into Purdue, The only real disappointment will be if we just no show this one. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It's why these last 5 were so important. Gives us breathing room and if we lose a road game it's not the end of the world.

It's not, but if we're going to challenge for the Big 10 crown it is... And another Quad 1 road win doesn't hurt either... 

• Like 8