Maryland Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It's not, but if we're going to challenge for the Big 10 crown it is... And another Quad 1 road win doesn't hurt either... 

Probably can only afford one more loss and need to sweep Purdue to have a good shot at winning the conference. I think we have the best odds of anyone not named Purdue to win it, but honestly even sweeping. Purdue may not be enough with how bad the rest of the conference is. 

• Like 4

Just now, Reacher said:

Kevin Willard is a very solid coach. Combine that with some talent and you will get results. Just like we are seeing with Coach Woodson.

I agree... And I think just like IU last year, he's having to fix issues left over from previous administrations... 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I hope Coach Woodson doesn't let Trayce see that!

Boy, talk about effusive praise! 

Based off his comments, Coach Willard (and his staff) have scouted IU/TJD well. He knows what we all do, and that's the impact TJD has when he's on the floor.

It will be interesting how Coach Woodson and Trayce adapt to a team that knows what is coming. If anything -- and Willard alluded to this -- it will be more on IU's supporting players to step up and play with confidence. We're gonna need some of the early shots to go down easy to establish rhythm.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I know….I was genuinely flattered, and he wasn’t even talking about me..! lol can you imagine Izzo saying that about him?

Izzo would be something more like, "we didn't even know he could do that. I mean the guy only uses his left hand, how do you gameplay for a guy like that scoring 50 on you. But you know, when the refs let you do anything you want, I just, it's certainly not my fault that we lost."

• Like 1
  • Haha 5