Maryland Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

7 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Play focused, hard and smart. No let up on defense. Our success has also come due to the increase shot attempts Trayce has taken. Magic number should be 20 shots a game for Trayce….it usually ends well. Continuing on that theme (I’ve been hard on Geronimo) but I think it’s been good seeing Geronimo play more recently. Hopefully he comes back healthy. He’s been playing his role well and seems to understand he’s the fourth or 5th scoring option, while playing hard and getting put backs. Understanding his role has allowed more shot attempts for Trayce.

While I agree with you. However don’t look now, seems like Malik is playing himself into that role!

• Like 2

Gotta show up from the start and want it more than they do. Play focused and high energy.

Focus on Young. Trace, Malik and Race should be able to handle their bigs.

Minus one exception(67) their losses came from opponents holding them under 60. D up boys.

Curious to see what happens. Like to see the team walk out of here with a dub and carry momentum into Saturday.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Play focused, hard and smart. No let up on defense. Our success has also come due to the increase shot attempts Trayce has taken. Magic number should be 20 shots a game for Trayce….it usually ends well. Continuing on that theme (I’ve been hard on Geronimo) but I think it’s been good seeing Geronimo play more recently. Hopefully he comes back healthy. He’s been playing his role well and seems to understand he’s the fourth or 5th scoring option, while playing hard and getting put backs. Understanding his role has allowed more shot attempts for Trayce.

We actually play a little better when he doesn't get quite that many. We are 1-1 in games he takes 20 shots, 2-2 in games with 19 or more shots, but 13-18 shots and we are undefeated. 

Definitely some causation vs correlation on why he is taking that many, but basically we need a lot from Trayce and need others to step up for us to play our best. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

We actually play a little better when he doesn't get quite that many. We are 1-1 in games he takes 20 shots, 2-2 in games with 19 or more shots, but 13-18 shots and we are undefeated. 

Definitely some causation vs correlation on why he is taking that many, but basically we need a lot from Trayce and need others to step up for us to play our best. 

Leave it to @KoB2011 to bust out causation vs correlation while discussing basketball.  🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tonight is huge.  Winning this game really sets the table for Saturday and beyond.  We get through these next 3 games unscathed and I think we end up with 13+ wins in conference.

The prior 5 games were getting the ship back upright.  These next 3 decide quite a bit of how we probably look heading into selection Sunday.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Tonight is huge.  Winning this game really sets the table for Saturday and beyond.  We get through these next 3 games unscathed and I think we end up with 13+ wins in conference.

The prior 5 games were getting the ship back upright.  These next 3 decide quite a bit of how we probably look heading into selection Sunday.

I'd be happy with getting 2 out of the next 3

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Since we have a snow day today (more like ice day), I was able to get a nap in this afternoon before the game tonight.  

I honestly thought the game was tomorrow night until you posted this.  And, I still thought you were wrong.  But, as I continued to scroll and no one corrected you, I realized that maybe it was I that was wrong.  I assume/hope my son would have brought it to my attention at some point, but we usually don't watch in the same room because he tends to get vocally agitated above my tolerance level.   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I honestly thought the game was tomorrow night until you posted this.  And, I still thought you were wrong.  But, as I continued to scroll and no one corrected you, I realized that maybe it was I that was wrong.  I assume/hope my son would have brought it to my attention at some point, but we usually don't watch in the same room because he tends to get vocally agitated above my tolerance level.   

This begs the questions; Does he have internet access? does he have access to this site? can he PLEASE get a user name?! NOW.

• Like 1