Purdue Post Game Thread

SawatchHoosier

40 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I just watched all the post game pressers... Ours and theirs...

Painter is a class act and an excellent coach. Post game, he said it just like it was. Didn't throw any of his kids under the bus (like some other coaches have recently) and he was very effusive with his praise of our team and TJD in particular...

Woody said Jalen asked for the ball at the end... He's a confident kid... But he's gotta start bringing it on the road...

And as I said in the pregame... Edey gets it close, you can count it... I was also impressed with him in the post game... One of the writers was trying to dwell on Smith's last turnover, and Edey grabbed the mic and said games aren't lost on one play, and brought some of his own mistakes to light... 

Here's my thing with Painter. It's actually not his fault. Good dude. Good coach. Just like Purdue fans would probably say their problem isn't with our coach their problem is with our fans. 

With that said. Painter is going to have to find a bigger guard because if he thinks Loyer/Smith (while being good players) is the answer he isn't getting to the second weekend of tourney. JHS knew it. He knew he could beat those guys and that's why he asked for the rock as a first time participant.

Great Win. Now let's go beat the STD that is Rutgers. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Dang, what should have been…. second half at Iowa, and Nwestern at home… 18-5, 9-3. Beat Rutgers and then there’s another winnable road game sitting in front of us. Get XJ back in the next couple weeks and this team is dangerous to anybody.

Michigan surely is winnable, but they're also a lot like Maryland... Long, athletic team with a much better Big and overall better talent...

They just lack experience and maybe some coaching... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Reasons Indiana won....great defense, playing with toughness, excellent shot selection, TJD playing lights out but the reason Indiana won today was the comment made by@Seeking6. They knew they had to give him 6 wins!

Short of that Maryland game it would be my 2nd best ever prognostication. I said Cubs would start 25-6 in 2016 and everyone laughed. 

The good thing is this. We've got a team here. Woodson knows it. All it takes is getting everyone healthy and we'll see how this thing plays in March/April.

• Like 3

Just got to watch the game this evening. Best overall effort this year. Really good game plan that was very well executed. 
Trayce was Trayce against a tough assignment. Galloway played like an IN kid and coach’s son in an IN/PU game. Good contributions from Reneau, Kopp, Bates, Banks, etc. 

But JHS was brilliant in the second half. Ran the offense and controlled the pace in an incredible pressure situation. The best guard on the floor. Huge clutch plays at winning time. 

Crowd was great, but they lose points for storming the court 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I just watched all the post game pressers... Ours and theirs...

Painter is a class act and an excellent coach. Post game, he said it just like it was. Didn't throw any of his kids under the bus (like some other coaches have recently) and he was very effusive with his praise of our team and TJD in particular...

Woody said Jalen asked for the ball at the end... He's a confident kid... But he's gotta start bringing it on the road...

And as I said in the pregame... Edey gets it close, you can count it... I was also impressed with him in the post game... One of the writers was trying to dwell on Smith's last turnover, and Edey grabbed the mic and said games aren't lost on one play, and brought some of his own mistakes to light... 

If Purdue wasnt Purdue, they would be an easy team to respect.

• Like 7