Rutgers post game

Madison22

1 minute ago, rogue3542 said:

If I were Pikiell, Mulcahy would be suspended the next game at minimum for pulling s**t like that.

Coach Woodson should definitely reach out to Pikell and express concern.  Suspension is unlikely, but maybe running some bleachers is in the cards.  

• Like 1

CMW really shortened the bench as far as who played how many minutes. I think that showed itself in fatigue and shot selection late. Going to need more  from the bench even if it's just holding the lead playing D while Trayce and others get a rest. Glad they don't go again until Saturday.

Another big plus tonight was how they handled the press. Much more confident. Able to attack at times. Getting better. If they figure it out and add X back into the mix, other team's may not be as willing to use it.

• Like 3

Great win. This is what I’m seeing…

Two seniors who realize that they have just a handful of games left in their college careers and who are playing with the desperation to cement their legacies in the glory of IU basketball history.

Another senior, a wounded warrior, who wants to be part of something special, and is playing his heart out regardless of his limitations.

A fourth senior itching to get back in it and provide an extra, and much needed spark for a deep run.

And the rest of the squad realizing that this could be a magical season, and doing everything they can to support these four leaders.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Our defense was good today. We need to get a little more under control closing out on threes, left alot there in the first half. Glad we pulled it out given we hit 2 shots the last 10 minutes. Best game I’ve seen from Kopp in an IU uni.  

Also…god bless race for trying…but man I want Malik in there to rebound. Race is hobbled, his shots broke, he can’t box out as well…he needs to get healed up. It’s gonna kill us in a close game eventually. Glad he hit his free throws though. 

• Like 6

Just now, Kdug said:

Did I miss something or did the refs get the first jump ball in the 2nd half wrong? Rutgers got the ball to start the 2nd half and I think they also gave them the ball after the first jump ball unless I missed something.

I thought the same thing, but I think one of the questionable out of bounds they used the arrow

• Thanks 1