Rutgers post game

Madison22

3 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

I may be one of the biggest supporters of Race needs to play less, much less, and not start, but even from my couch I don’t boo.  It’s usually just “Noooo Race….”  If students or other fans were booing in house, shame on them.

He has zero lift. On his shot and rebounding. Hurting us playing big mins for sure. But I will defend him against the booing.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Indykev said:

I read this whole thread and not one mention of the students booing Race throughout the game. I thought I was hearing it  on TV but to be sure I checked with some student that were there. They said every time he missed a shot they were booing Race. So for you students on here. You dont boo a guy who has busted his ass for 6 years while trying to play on one leg for your dumb asses.

Fans, in general, are among the most stupid species on earth.  

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Indykev said:

I read this whole thread and not one mention of the students booing Race throughout the game. I thought I was hearing it  on TV but to be sure I checked with some student that were there. They said every time he missed a shot they were booing Race. So for you students on here. You dont boo a guy who has busted his ass for 6 years while trying to play on one leg for your dumb asses.

I heard it... Reprehensible...

But, that's fans for ya... There are fans in this board who don't show up unless we lose...

They haven't been around lately... 

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I heard it... Reprehensible...

But, that's fans for ya... There are fans in this board who don't show up unless we lose...

They haven't been around lately... 

I did not hear it, I don't think he did anything "boo" worthy last night, but he did have several plays that had me audibly asking my TV, "WTF are you doing Race?"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's always best to let the coaches handle the decision on when someone should be on the court or not.  When someone is giving effort, which Race ALWAYS does, there is absolutely no justification for booing when a shot clangs off the rim or a pass goes awry.

I remember getting mad last night when Race threw a bad alley-oop to Trayce.  Malik came in to replace him, and less than 2 minutes later, Malik throws an even WORSE alley-oop, an ill-advised attempt from half court. 

The fans need to let the coaches coach when things aren't going well.       

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

It's always best to let the coaches handle the decision on when someone should be on the court or not.  When someone is giving effort, which Race ALWAYS does, there is absolutely no justification for booing when a shot clangs off the rim or a pass goes awry.

I remember getting mad last night when Race through a bad alley-oop to Race.  Malik came in to replace him, and less than 2 minutes later, Malik throws an even WORSE alley-oop, an ill-advised attempt from half court. 

The fans need to let the coaches coach when things aren't going well.       

First great post, second..  things ARE going well... We've won 7 of 8. 

Coach Woodson still getting told how to coach. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MSHoosier said:

Anybody think IU will try to get a medical redshirt on Duncomb because this lengthy illness ?

Here are the conditions to be granted a medical redshirt...

Suffer an injury that is deemed “season-ending”

Their injury must occur before the halfway point of the season

Not participate in more than 30% of the season’s games 

Not sure Logan would qualify, but I've seen rules stretched more than that... 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Did anybody else notice Kopp started out guarding McConnell (and I know, as @btownqb says, we switch a lot)? 

At first I was like "Woody, what are you doing?!?!" 

1-14 later, I'm like, " This Woodson cat kinda knows what he's doing. " 😁

Yeah and the one time McConnell scored he had to hook the shit out of MK to do it. 

Our entire bench reacted to it. MK is a good defender.  

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Indykev said:

I was at the game and nobody was booing Race. There was certainly groaning when he lifted up for a 3 but nobody booed the guy. 

• Thanks 6

6 hours ago, 94Bulldog said:

I may be one of the biggest supporters of Race needs to play less, much less, and not start, but even from my couch I don’t boo.  It’s usually just “Noooo Race….”  If students or other fans were booing in house, shame on them.

If Malik doesn't have a good matchup on the defensive end, they're rolling with Race. 

Late in the game... Rutger went with McConnell at 4 and 3 other guards. Cannot ask Malik to guard McConnell and even in our switches, if Malik is on the court.. its an advantage Rutger. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I was wondering what Coach Pikiell would do/think when he eventually sees those videos of Mulcachy trying to intentionally trip TJD ..... and he will.

I also wonder when Coach Woodson sees it (and I'm sure he already has) if he gives Pikiell a call... 

• Like 1