Michigan Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

1 hour ago, SawatchHoosier said:

I'm betting we let Podcast get his similar to the Edey in the Purdue game and lock down their guards. I agree with your assessment that Race and Reneau get into foul trouble early. One thing that would benefit Indiana though is if we get up early it forces Dickinson into shooting 3s which will minimize our foul troubles.

If I were to guess I bet we put pressure on their guards before half-court causing Michigan to start their offense 20 seconds or less into the shot clock. Michigan is not a good offensive rebounding team and putting pressure on them to find one high quality shot per possession will be the difference. XJ would have been great in this game.Β 

While I would love to see a free flowing high offensive game I'm betting we see a Big Ten slug fest that Indiana has become accustomed to winning.Β 

I don't think "Podcast" (πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ good one) is the problem Edey is. I always thought Trayce was a little intimidated by both Dickinson and Cockburn before the BTT last year. I think Woody getting in his ear solved that. If Trayce can win that matchup, we're part of the way there.

The other part is putting pressure on their shooters. Their PG is a freshman and we've seen what our backcourt can do to inexperience...

Jett Howard is the main guy on the perimeter though... After seeing Kopp on McConnell, you have to wonder if he's going to get that assignment Saturday...Β 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Michigan has lost 10 games. They are average, at best. Go into Ann Arbor with the confidence that we are the better team. Bring the defensive intensity that we’ve shown during our winning streak.

No reason for hand wringing and deer in the headlights reactions. Confidence bordering on arrogance that we got this.

Fans too.

Agree, but this is easier said than done. If you look at all of UM’s schedule, they’ve played everybody tough in the Big10 regardless of home and away. I’m not confident at all in this one.Β 

19 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Agree, but this is easier said than done. If you look at all of UM’s schedule, they’ve played everybody tough in the Big10 regardless of home and away. I’m not confident at all in this one.Β 

Yup. I look for this road game to be as tough as our last two home games.

I only saw UM play once this year v. some cream puff.Β  Jett Howard can put the ball in the basket.

IU is a veteran team and we should be better on the road than we have been.Β 

Starters:

1) TJD (3)

2) Thompson (4)

3) Kopp (4)

4) Galloway (2)

5) JHS Rookie

Hoping JHS can continue to assert his control on offense and defense.

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Well, If you live near Ann Arbor, tickets are going for low as $25

That's interesting. That crowd was morgue-ish for significant time last night - even the announcers were commenting that they felt like they should be whispering. I'd expect a bit more rabid one Saturday, though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

That's interesting. That crowd was morgue-ish for significant time last night - even the announcers were commenting that they felt like they should be whispering. I'd expect a bit more rabid one Saturday, though.

I’m sure the atmosphere will be a lot better on Saturday, since it seems like the season weighs on this game for Michigan

6 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

I'm getting...do I dare say...Dane Fife vibes from Miller Kopp. He has that Dawg in him that he didn't have last year.

I think Miller will for sure get him. Miller shouldn't help, either.Β 

I would let the other two guards shoot 20-25 shots on Saturday, if they want.Β 

• Like 3