Colts...

McDaniels better hope he finds another Brady because staff wise I can't see him getting many to come there. Dave McGinnis did this to the Bears and he's never been heard from again head coach wise. To tell so many people this is the plan and back out at the 12th hour? Sounds like really is the punk Daddy's boy that Doyel said.

From everything I read earlier it seemed like Colts were expecting this  a little. 2-3 candidates will interview today and tomorrow. I'm assuming Toub still.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

McDaniels better hope he finds another Brady because staff wise I can't see him getting many to come there. Dave McGinnis did this to the Bears and he's never been heard from again head coach wise. To tell so many people this is the plan and back out at the 12th hour? Sounds like really is the punk Daddy's boy that Doyel said.

From everything I read earlier it seemed like Colts were expecting this  a little. 2-3 candidates will interview today and tomorrow. I'm assuming Toub still.

I've heard that the Colts have staff already, that McDaniels wanted. What happens to those guys? He sure screwed a lot of folks besides the Colts front office

20 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I've heard that the Colts have staff already, that McDaniels wanted. What happens to those guys? He sure screwed a lot of folks besides the Colts front office

Don't know what their contracts state.  But I imagine the new coach will be "stuck" with them for a year?

10 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Bob Kraft must have given him assurances.  

That's the only thing that I can think of, but who in their right mind would want to follow BB after the success they've had?  Even if BB leaves after next year, what's Bray have, maybe one more year or so?  IMO, it's Patriots or Bust for him at this point.  This would leave a bad taste in my mouth if I was an owner in the NFL.

Yeah, it’s awkward for a head coach to be saddled with assistants he didn’t pick.

Toub makes sense.  The Baylor guy took his name out, right?

Luck needs a serious coach around him at his stage.  The Colts can’t be fooling around with some gimmicky guy.  

McDaniels is so smug, he needs some comeuppance.  I don’t care if Belichick retires tomorrow.  If Luck is healthy, that’s about as good of a job as there is.  Without Belichick, the Pats want continuity, but it’s not easy as they think it will be.  

20 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Yeah, it’s awkward for a head coach to be saddled with assistants he didn’t pick.

Toub makes sense.  The Baylor guy took his name out, right?

Luck needs a serious coach around him at his stage.  The Colts can’t be fooling around with some gimmicky guy.  

McDaniels is so smug, he needs some comeuppance.  I don’t care if Belichick retires tomorrow.  If Luck is healthy, that’s about as good of a job as there is.  Without Belichick, the Pats want continuity, but it’s not easy as they think it will be.  

Toub didn't interview with any team once this year. None. I just don't see that happening.

I hope they stay away from Jeff Fisher. I could see Irsay pushing him. I really hope not.

Frank Reich would be interesting.

Per Bill Polian on Golic and Wingo this morning, the Colts are going to honor all of the contracts of the assistants hired in anticipation of McDaniels taking the job.

He also said that McDaniels went to the Patriots' facility yesterday morning to clean his office out, and Belichek and Kraft waylaid him and convinced him to stay. Said that there was no guarantee that the HC job was his once Belichek retires, but that it was kind of a wink-wink, nod-nod agreement.

Polian felt confident that this was not going to be a public relations fiasco for the Colts. We'll see.

12 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Per Bill Polian on Golic and Wingo this morning, the Colts are going to honor all of the contracts of the assistants hired in anticipation of McDaniels taking the job.

He also said that McDaniels went to the Patriots' facility yesterday morning to clean his office out, and Belichek and Kraft waylaid him and convinced him to stay. Said that there was no guarantee that the HC job was his once Belichek retires, but that it was kind of a wink-wink, nod-nod agreement.

Polian felt confident that this was not going to be a public relations fiasco for the Colts. We'll see.

I hope McDaniels doesn't trust the "wink wink, nod nod" from them.

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I still think this is a "Gotcha" from Kraft for Deflategate.....

Adam Schefter reported that a source told him exactly that

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter 15h15 hours ago

Text from one league source: “That’s Kraft putting it to the Colts again. He will forever try and (expletive) that place ever since deflate gate.”

956 replies 11,373 retweets 28,715 likes

2 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

Adam Schefter reported that a source told him exactly that

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter 15h15 hours ago

Text from one league source: “That’s Kraft putting it to the Colts again. He will forever try and (expletive) that place ever since deflate gate.”

956 replies 11,373 retweets 28,715 likes

Hmmmmmmmm.........well f%$k him.

Archived