Michigan post game

Madison22

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

In hos defense, two or the calls were hot piles of garbage where Reneau actually played excellent defense. 

Don't disagree, but...on the road you can figure at least 1, if not 2, garbage calls against you unless you're AA. That's part of playing smart.

4 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

OK OK OK , I've taken my ball bustin.

You all are obviously correct, this was a big win, especially considering the last 6-7 yrs. There's just something about our play that just doesn't "feel" right.

There are 1 point win's that I'll walk 3' off the ground for a week. There's just somthing about the way we played today that makes me want to hide. It's probably (obviously) just me, but that seemed to be beyond ugly to me.

I'll step off and enjoy all of you all's conversation now. (which I totally love!).

I get it, it was ugly, but the team did what we were calling for during that bad run that got us to 1-4 to start the season.  They found a way to get it done.  We have only lost 1 game since then.  They haven't all been pretty but after the Archie years and dealing with some injuries, the team is doing exactly what we can ask of them, putting in max effort and because of that, making their own luck.

I was hard on them after the Iowa, Northwestern, and Penn State losses because they looked to be dogging it a bit.  They lost Race again.  Geronimo was playing injured.  TJD is having to be an iron man.  Shots were not falling and they still got it done.

We were on a dry spell for a long time.  That may be a 3 out of 10 in a good year, but that was a post Archie Miller solid 6.

• Like 2

On a positive note Indiana isn't the only team dealing with the exhaustion from Big Ten play. We also should be getting back XJ, hopefully a healthy Race and a healthy Geronimo. If we can weather the exhaustion we're gonna be good come tournament time.

Another thing to note is that our next 3 games are against NW, ILL and MSU. Those teams don't have the big men to guard TJD 1 on 1. This 3 game stretch will actually give TJD a rest because he will be constantly double-teamed forcing him to make passes to our open shooters. Assuming our shooters hit shots he will probably get some rest. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

On a positive note Indiana isn't the only team dealing with the exhaustion from Big Ten play. We also should be getting back XJ, hopefully a healthy Race and a healthy Geronimo. If we can weather the exhaustion we're gonna be good come tournament time.

Another thing to note is that our next 3 games are against NW, ILL and MSU. Those teams don't have the big men to guard TJD 1 on 1. This 3 game stretch will actually give TJD a rest because he will be constantly double-teamed forcing him to make passes to our open shooters. Assuming our shooters hit shots he will probably get some rest. 

Hmmm...shooters??

Lots of great discussions here. Awesome win. How about major props for CMW! He has established, in a little less than 2 seasons, what this fan base has been yearning for. Hard nosed team that won’t take shite from their opponents. 
We won, on the road, v a team who was desperate. 

We won. That is more than enough. Move on to the next one 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

uggh. Coming from you especially.. meh.

obviously something is off with me as no one else see's it the way I am feeling. I'm NEVER on the down side of this team. I guess I just expected a little more tonight, OR and this is the probable answer, I just didn't give enough appreciation for all of the small things (that were actually huge) that the rest of the team did.

GD gang, it's not like I am a usual debby downer (cough iuscott cough). I usually lean well into the sunshine pumper side.

Either way, huge W and happy for it. ... hmm maybe I just had myself pumped up way to much in the expectation and the actual play didn't live up to what I spent 2 days envisioning. 

By the way, none of this was crapping on the team, it was just a feeling of expectations vrs what I watched. 9-5 !!! 2n'd place. LOVE this.

I understand what you are saying.  The game being "ugly" disappointed you.  

1 minute ago, jv1972iu said:

Hmmm...shooters??

We have the 22nd best 3 point shooting percentage in the country but we don't take very many. Teams have locked down our shooters hoping that our defense isn't good enough against the 3 that it causes us to trade 2s for their 3s. Our defense has in the last 9 games has proven capable of shutting down opponents 3 point shots. When teams are forced to double team TJD I'm under the impression that we're gonna start bombing threes on people.

7 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

uggh. Coming from you especially.. meh.

obviously something is off with me as no one else see's it the way I am feeling. I'm NEVER on the down side of this team. I guess I just expected a little more tonight, OR and this is the probable answer, I just didn't give enough appreciation for all of the small things (that were actually huge) that the rest of the team did.

GD gang, it's not like I am a usual debby downer (cough iuscott cough). I usually lean well into the sunshine pumper side.

Either way, huge W and happy for it. ... hmm maybe I just had myself pumped up way to much in the expectation and the actual play didn't live up to what I spent 2 days envisioning. 

By the way, none of this was crapping on the team, it was just a feeling of expectations vrs what I watched. 9-5 !!! 2n'd place. LOVE this.

Nobody is saying we played real well but the part we didn't understand is you saying you were depressed after the win.