Michigan post game

Madison22

11 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

uggh. Coming from you especially.. meh.

obviously something is off with me as no one else see's it the way I am feeling. I'm NEVER on the down side of this team. I guess I just expected a little more tonight, OR and this is the probable answer, I just didn't give enough appreciation for all of the small things (that were actually huge) that the rest of the team did.

GD gang, it's not like I am a usual debby downer (cough iuscott cough). I usually lean well into the sunshine pumper side.

Either way, huge W and happy for it. ... hmm maybe I just had myself pumped up way to much in the expectation and the actual play didn't live up to what I spent 2 days envisioning. 

By the way, none of this was crapping on the team, it was just a feeling of expectations vrs what I watched. 9-5 !!! 2n'd place. LOVE this.

It is funny you think I am a debby downer because on the other boards I got accused of being sun shine and unicorns.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If Purdue beats Northwestern then we will have sole possession of 2nd place.  I hate for Purdue to win any game but if they win it can help us.  I doubt we have a chance to catch them for first anyways 

Agreed.  Frankly, I'm perfectly fine if Purdue beats every other team competing with us for 2nd place.  It would be frankly silly not to recognize how that helps us.  I would never root against a team a the expense of IU.  

19 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Under the radar contributions:

Kopp's defense. Just smothering. Had a couple tough shots hit on him, but nothing was easy.

So Kopp had X-Rays immediately after tonight's game at Ann Arbor medical. The results came back and doctors determined based on his man handling of Howard that he had that Dawg in him...

FbGC-IEUsAE4yWm.jpg-large.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

15 minutes ago, loviubb said:

Told the wife I DON'T KNOW HOW WE WON BUT IU WON!! Great getting back where we can pull games out that to me looks like a loss!!! THAT'S IU BB I GREW UP WITH!!! HTD AND I SAY PISS ON THE SMELLERMAKERS!  Night!!

I think this comment helps me understand what I am feeling. I really don't know HOW we did that. Of course I love that we did, and I expected a 4 point game, not a blow out.

Maybe my usage of the word "depressed" is being understood differently than what I meant it.

Eh, anyway, love the W, love that we've learned to never give up until 30 seconds after the last horn. hate meatchicken. HATE dick onson slightly more than bad davison (dirty SOB).  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Not for nothing, TJD's endurance is F@#$ing insane. To play as much as he does, and dominate like he does, is mind-blowing. Certainly not appreciated enough.

Im not sure how he was standing on that last free throw. He looked exhausted as hell and the shot showed it. 

• Like 2