Northwestern II Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

21 hours ago, Reacher said:

I've been to a few there. If it was a weekend game I likely would have went this year. Hate getting there. So inaccessible. 

This. 2 hardest sporting venues in the world to get in and out of happen to be about 15 miles apart. Their gym and Soldier Field. Just a chore to get there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

This. 2 hardest sporting venues in the world to get in and out of happen to be about 15 miles apart. Their gym and Soldier Field. Just a chore to get there.

I'd put Wrigley field in there before Soldier Field. Soldier field is an easy drive. Just have to be super early to get parking. Unless you live close to a Red Line stop, no easy way to get to Wrigley. A few more years and Soldier Field won't be an issue anyways as the Bears will be in Arlington Heights. 

• Like 4

I guess if TJD is dunking all time it won't matter but anyone noticed the rims yesterday at Northwestern. Lots of sound coming off those almost like they need to be tightened.

Cut down on our turnovers and hope they don't shoot like they did the first go around. If just those two things happen we win. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rico said:

I wonder if IU and Northwestern have ever played each other when both teams were ranked?

Doesn't appear so from what I've seen...Close though...On January 10th, 1959 they were ranked 8th and we were unranked when we beat them 76-69 in Welsh-Ryan...2 days later when the polls came out, they were 11th and we were 19th...

In 2017 we both had been in the top 25, but not when we played each other (twice)...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I always took the Metra in and then the $1 dollar bus over to Soldier...Train station had 24 oz beers at the bar, and you could take them with going home :) 

And Wrigley is a mess...

I never found the drive to Welsh-Ryan that bad...Maybe I was just too excited to see the Hoosiers play...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2