Northwestern II Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

33 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Doesn't appear so from what I've seen...Close though...On January 10th, 1959 they were ranked 8th and we were unranked when we beat them 76-69 in Welsh-Ryan...2 days later when the polls came out, they were 11th and we were 19th...

In 2017 we both had been in the top 25, but not when we played each other (twice)...

I was amazed to find out Northwestern has only been ranked 16x(weeks) in their entire history.  They also have never been ranked in the final poll.  That might change this year.

• Like 2

One of the cool things about Welsh-Ryan was, there was a concession stand at the South end (if I remember right) that was right outside where the players came out of the locker room...Met Tom Coverdale there, and thanked him for his time as a Hoosier. I think it was 2005, because Fife passed on the way back into the locker room, and he was a GA I think...and he and Coverdale talked for a minute. Coverdale and Bracey Wright nodded to each other, and Bracey said, "Big Red" but they didn't seem like besties :) 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

1-0 start to our toughest 5 game stretch of the year. It's not that I don't think we can win all 5 it's just not likely. I will take 3-2 for sure. After our home game vs Illinois.....this at Northwestern game seems to be the one where we have the best chance of stealing one on the road.

Kopp with his final return to Evanston. Bates and Trey need to step up. I expect Coach to extend the bench a little bit if he can. 3 point D and reduce turnovers. Wish it was Wednesday at 9 already. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

At least we don't have to listen to this nonsense from a few years back any more ...

This is why NW is classy. The NW marketing team politely asked this lady to stop and she obliged.

When the Purdue marketing team heard about Isaac Haas giving everyone herpes they asked him to continue to help Purdue Pharmaceuticals study a new stain of Chad Herpes.

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

This. 2 hardest sporting venues in the world to get in and out of happen to be about 15 miles apart. Their gym and Soldier Field. Just a chore to get there.

I went to a game at Soldier in 1997... it took longer to get out then watch the game...horrendous... cant imagine now... like the race track in Sparta Ky,..never again

Edited by Dawg Bawls
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

This is why NW is classy. The NW marketing team politely asked this lady to stop and she obliged. When the Purdue marketing team heard about Isaac Haas giving everyone herpes they asked him to continue. 

If she ever wonders why she's still single(most likely) this video is exhibit A

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

This is why NW is classy. The NW marketing team politely asked this lady to stop and she obliged.

When the Purdue marketing team heard about Isaac Haas giving everyone herpes they asked him to continue to help Purdue Pharmaceuticals study a new stain of Chad Herpes.

In the immortal words of Eddie Murphy (Delirious) "Then they came out with herpes, you keep that sh*t forever like luggage".

• Haha 3