Northwestern II Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

3 hours ago, Fundamentals said:

Any word on when X may sneak back on the court?  He tweeted out “8.” earlier this week.  On the day he tweeted it was 8 weeks from surgery/injury.  

This is not an easy game, but our guys are rolling and can win this game.  Go Hoosiers!

It was also 8 days before the Illinois game, if I recall correctly. It would stand to reason that if they are going to brig him back they'd want to have a few games to get reintegrated before the B1G Tourney. 

• Like 1

Any word on when X may sneak back on the court?  He tweeted out “8.” earlier this week.  On the day he tweeted it was 8 weeks from surgery/injury.  

This is not an easy game, but our guys are rolling and can win this game.  Go Hoosiers!

I think X’s “8” referred the the final 8 possessions for UM in the game Saturday: that his teammates’ D shut down 8 straight!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Northwestern will be ready and the crowd is going to by hyped. I just hope they are expecting the Indiana of January 8th..... TBH....I feel we just have that "look in our eyes". It's that feeling of completing a mission or operation. ALL BUSINESS. Go IU!

I'll be interested to see how much of that crowd is wearing Crimson... IU always had a strong presence in the games I went to... I remember having to call the day single game tickets went on sale. If you didn't get through in the first couple of hours, you had to go secondary market... 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'll be interested to see how much of that crowd is wearing Crimson... IU always had a strong presence in the games I went to... I remember having to call the day single game tickets went on sale. If you didn't get through in the first couple of hours, you had to go secondary market... 

You're right!..... and Welsh–Ryan Arena is a 7,039-seat capacity. I never realized that until I heard it the other day.

• Like 1

He had clarified that it was 8 weeks since his surgery 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

He had clarified that it was 8 weeks since his surgery 

I was curious so I googled it. lol

When can you play sports after broken bone?

"Regarding return to sport, this should be performed in a graduated fashion between 6 to 8 weeks, guided by both radiological and clinical evidence of healing." 

Several articles said the same thing. I think it's a matter of days, TBH. It's up to how X feels as well as what the doctor thinks.....

• Like 2

Just now, Artesian_86 said:

"Regarding return to sport, this should be performed in a graduated fashion between 6 to 8 weeks, guided by both radiological and clinical evidence of healing." 

Several articles said the same thing. I think it's a matter of days, TBH. It's up to how X feels as well as what the doctor thinks.....

He has been pleading with the coaches to get back on the court in the last couple of week, I think his return is coming very soon

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

You're right!..... and Welsh–Ryan Arena is a 7,039-seat capacity. I never realized that until I heard it the other day.

When we use to go, after the first one me and my youngest (preteen at the time) went to, she was hooked. After about the 3rd year, she spoke so enthusiastically about it, my wife (who is not a sports fan beyond Cardinals baseball) decided she wanted to go...

So, during the game, she complained about it being too hot (in the upper bowl you were nearer the heating ducts), too loud (🤔) and people's butts in her face when something good happened for IU.

The next year, the day I was calling for tickets, I called my daughter to tell her, and the first words out of her mouth were, "Mom's not going, is she?" 😂

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

When we use to go, after the first one me and my youngest (preteen at the time) went to, she was hooked. After about the 3rd year, she spoke so enthusiastically about it, my wife (who is not a sports fan beyond Cardinals baseball) decided she wanted to go...

So, during the game, she complained about it being too hot )in the upper bowl you were nearer the heating ducts), too loud (🤔) and people's butts in her face when something good happened for IU.

The next year, the day I was calling for tickets, I called my daughter to tell her, and the first words out of her mouth were, "Mom's not going, is she?" 😂

^^^^   Dad for the win right there ! :)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Don't be telling your Dr or nurse you "googled" this or that concerning medical issues......🤣🤣

• Haha 1