Northwestern II Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Wonder if Vegas knows something 

I read and article where Julian Roper's next opportunity to return from and ankle injury was the Northwestern/IU game tonight. 

I just saw this post on another IU message board.... That may have something to do with Vegas trending towards IU.... We will see.

21 minutes ago, BGVille Hoosierfan said:

I heard Roper will still be out.

Short handed Wildcats tonight then, since they would have 8 available players 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I read and article where Julian Roper's next opportunity to return from and ankle injury was the Northwestern/IU game tonight. 

I just saw this post on another IU message board.... That may have something to do with Vegas trending towards IU.... We will see.

21 minutes ago, BGVille Hoosierfan said:

I heard Roper will still be out.

Short handed Wildcats tonight then, since they would have 8 available players 

Hey look, that’s me

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Wonder if Vegas knows something 

I’m no expert but I assume it’s just a reaction to heavy action on IU with the original line and Vegas is trying to even out the odds to make it more attractive to pick NU so the house isn’t at risk of losing big. Of course injuries, etc can also factor in. 

• Like 5

Game 1 was decided on turnovers and FTs. If IU doesn't turn it over at a high rate and doesn't foul like crazy they will win this game. And this is a big game. It likely comes down to how effective they are in taking the ball out of TJDs hands. They beat Edey to death with the double team and he folded like a cheap tent with turnovers. Can TJD play better?

• Like 5

Big picture - three more at home and three on the road (Northwestern, MSU, purdue).

Realistic - win tonight, take care of home court, and at worst you go 4-2 and finish overall 22-9 (13-7). Not bad.

Find a way to take another one or two on the road, don't take a bad lose in the conf tourney, and your big dance seeding is looking very good. Hopefully playing close to home (Columbus, OH?). 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Big picture - three more at home and three on the road (Northwestern, MSU, purdue).

Realistic - win tonight, take care of home court, and at worst you go 4-2 and finish overall 22-9 (13-7). Not bad.

Find a way to take another one or two on the road, don't take a bad lose in the conf tourney, and your big dance seeding is looking very good. Hopefully playing close to home (Columbus, OH?). 

Seems like a recipe for a solid 4 seed lock with an outside chance for a 3, to me!

• Like 1