Post Penn State Loss Confessional Booth

8 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I made a factual statement- that we gave up 80 points 3 games in a row, and then offered an opinion that Dane Fife could play better defense than what we had. 

Nothing to add to the first comment.

Dane Fife couldn’t hang with us and the defense we’re playing now 

Coach Dane or player Dane?  Player Dane was a darn good defender.

I'd have to go back and look but I don't think I said anything.  I generally stay away from the forum when things are going poorly.  I do remember feeling pretty apathetic.  It's hard to care when it doesn't feel like the players care.  I know that's an unfair characterization, but I'm just confessing where I was after the 3rd loss in a row this season.

I respect how this team turned it around but much of their struggles and success just prove that the game is more mental than physical.  Knight was 100% right about mental preparation.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I made a factual statement- that we gave up 80 points 3 games in a row, and then offered an opinion that Dane Fife could play better defense than what we had. 

Nothing to add to the first comment.

Dane Fife couldn’t hang with us and the defense we’re playing now 

Say 10 "Miller Kopp has that DAWG in him" and run 10 suicides. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I said that I felt that we accident'd into a win at Michigan and was placed in pergitory for it.

Oh wait, wrong thread.  Can I still get some absolution please? Maybe say 3 bob knight's and admit that bad davison is only a dirty son of a gun? 

Say 3 Bob Knight's and throw the Bob Knight folding chair 30 times.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2