Northwestern Post Game Thread

KDB

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

That missed travel call that cost us 2 techs and gave NW 4 free throws looms extremely large. 

Lots of things to point to…way too many turnovers mostly…but between that and the horrible lowering shoulder and push off on the winner stings though. Guys battled back so hard sucks to lose that way.

I asked for them to get mad and play like a top 15 team and they did. They only lost by 2 and had a major come back despite..

-bad officiating
-back to back Tech
-poor FT shooting
-untimely turnovers 

Don’t agree with most about the push off on the last play. There was barely an extension of the arm - if any - even in slow motion. No way in hell that is going to get called in that moment by any officiating crew in CBB. It was a good, cold blooded shot by Bouie. Props to him. 

We’ll be okay. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hoosier82 said:

8 vs 5 is always tough on the road in the BigTen. Refs aside, far too many mistakes/unforced errors. Pick each other up and learn from it. 

As for the GD bench…sit there and STFU. I mean damn…what’s that? 3-4 Tech this season??? Unforgivable 

My only thing on the bolded is that I don't see any other teams being treated that way. 

IU probably has 4-6 technicals this year on just garbage stuff that I don't see being called on any other teams. 

• Like 2

Disappointed in the first half, but proud of this team for not quitting. Neutral court we’re better. 

Completely dumbfounded about how we defended that last play. Why was JHS hugging Berry on the drive? Please pass to Berry for the shot! When TJD’s man floated away from the basket, why didn’t he step up to help? We let them spread the floor and take TG one on one instead of forcing them to hit a tougher shot on a kick out. Don’t get it. 

Win on Sat, no excuses. 

• Like 5

Just now, tdhoosier said:

I asked for them to get mad and play like a top 15 team and they did. They only lost by 2 and had a major come back despite..

-bad officiating
-back to back Tech
-poor FT shooting
-untimely turnovers 

Don’t agree with most about the push off on the last play. There was barely an extension of the arm - if any - even in slow motion. No way in hell that is going to get called in that moment by any officiating crew in CBB. It was a good, cold blooded shot by Bouie. Props to him. 

We’ll be okay. 

He knocked him from the BIG to the exclusion zone under the basket.  That was a blatant push off dude.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, tdhoosier said:

-bad officiating
-back to back Tech
-poor FT shooting
-untimely turnovers 

We’ll be okay. 

My issue wasn’t the push at the end as much as lowering his shoulder knocking Galloway back…once off balance the last little extension sent him reeling…but yes given we got no calls it probably wasn’t going to be.

• Like 2

We put ourselves in that hole with bad ball control and shot selection. I'm fine with one Tech (meaning it was worth complaining about) but the second was on Woody. You can't touch a ref, period. 

I don't usually complain about the officiating because it all balances out in the end, but that last play was as blatant a push off as I've ever seen. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Lots of things to point to…way too many turnovers mostly…but between that and the horrible lowering shoulder and push off on the winner stings though. Guys battled back so hard sucks to lose that way.

Back to back misses on the front end of 1 and 1s.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

We put ourselves in that hole with bad ball control and shot selection. I'm fine with one Tech (meaning it was worth complaining about) but the second was on Woody. You can't touch a ref, period. 

I don't usually complain about the officiating because it all balances out in the end, but that last play was as blatant a push off as I've ever seen. 

It didn't really "balance" out though. We lost 4-6 points (can't remember if they scored on the possession after the tech's) on what was a blatant travel that we were complaining about. 

• Like 1