IL @ IU post game thread

Reacher

As someone else said…Phew!

Won a game that by all rights we shouldn’t have. Not sure there’s any explanation other than toughness and guts. Wait… how long has it been since those descriptions were used about IU? 
You could tell by the way he labored up and down the court, how he lacked elevation, his poor free throw shooting, that Trace was gassed. He gutted it out, but we have to find a way to get him more rest.

These next games are going to be really tough. We have to play with more energy than we did today in order to have a chance in any of them

• Like 9

It is fun playing important games in February again and trying to get high seeds in the tournament. Was getting tired of having to win late games just to get on the bubble.  It wasn't the best played game but it was still fun being so engaged in these games. It has been awhile where I have that nerveous feeling before the games and couldn't wait for the games to start.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, ArizonaHoosier said:

And sucked ass against how many teams not having their best players?

You give two examples debunking (which is laughable boomer, considering debunking is past your gen)...

Point being, how many one and dines guards suck ass on a neutral or home court? 

I honestly have no idea what argument you are even trying to make. You think because a guy has some bad games he's shaving points? The fact that his best two games were probably against NU and OSU when we were favored at home don't seem to dissuade (feel free to look the word up) you from your argument. How about the fact that his worst game was probably when we were underdogs at Maryland?

Happy to get this win for sure. I hope IU doesn’t get used to being able to make a comeback after the last 3 games. Like they can just turn it on whenever they want. TJD carrying this team to wins that certainly would have been losses over the last several seasons plus. Grinding out wins is better than losing a huge game at home

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

Happy to get this win for sure. I hope IU doesn’t get used to being able to make a comeback after the last 3 games. Like they can just turn it on whenever they want. TJD carrying this team to wins that certainly would have been losses over the last several seasons plus. Grinding out wins is better than losing a huge game at home

the pro ball idea of coasting for 37 minutes and then score 40 in the last 3 will not cut it. Today was ugly and damn lucky.

• Like 2

Just now, IU Scott said:

I was actually a little surprised to see the committee had us as the top 4 seed when they reveiled their top 4 seeds in each region. At this time we are in the same region as #1 Alabama.

The first 4 seed, too. I would love to see us climb to a 3. I don't know what the actual results say, but in my gut, playing a 14 and a 6 is so very much better than playing a 13 and a 5.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I was actually a little surprised to see the committee had us as the top 4 seed when they reveiled their top 4 seeds in each region. At this time we are in the same region as #1 Alabama.

I think it's that Xavier game. They have to be thinking we can't place Xavier ahead of IU with all of their wins, being down players,etc....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I just posted about this in the college hoops thread, because I wasn’t sure where to put it. Would love to sneak onto that 3 line, But if you told me I could lock in a 4 seed in the Louisville regional today I would take it in a heartbeat.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Don't  think so.  We were only up 2 and they were in double bonus.   That would have been epically bad bball iq

Edit, I must be misunderstanding you.  

We were up 1, and they tried to trap and then steal but we got a dunk. Then they opted (correctly) to not call timeout down three. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zville Hoosier said:

I just posted about this in the college hoops thread, because I wasn’t sure where to put it. Would love to sneak onto that 3 line, But if you told me I could lock in a 4 seed in the Louisville regional today I would take it in a heartbeat.

Play the first two games in Columbus... and you've got a deal. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think it's that Xavier game. They have to be thinking we can't place Xavier ahead of IU with all of their wins, being down players,etc....

I think being down players is big, too. If you compare us to other teams in the 3/4/5 line discussion, we've been the most impacted by injury. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Nowhere near the strength of the league in comparison to the B1G

Yeah?  What does that have to do with Creighton having injury/ies and being on the 5 line?  They had a 6 game losing streak.  I think the committee took their injuries into consideration.