IL @ IU post game thread

Reacher

One other thing...

I love these close games...Gets the blood pumping! I don't mind and occasional easy win (like our first meeting with the Illini) but I'm a big, as Jim McKay used to say, "Thrill of victory, and the agony of defeat" guy...Much more fun for me for our kids to reach down and dig one out than having the walk-ons in with 5 minutes to go...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

One other thing...

I love these close games...Gets the blood pumping! I don't mind and occasional easy win (like our first meeting with the Illini) but I'm a big, as Jim McKay used to say, "Thrill of victory, and the agony of defeat" guy...Much more fun for me for our kids to reach down and dig one out than having the walk-ons in with 5 minutes to go...

After that heartbreak against NW I wanted an easy one.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

One other thing...

Funny, I was thinking during the game that I now understand why my grandpa had to stop watching IU games because of his heart and I was considering the same! 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Seriously though we need to get TJD at least 3 to 5 minutes rest. He is tired. Look at his free throws. I know he's young but he is putting up big minutes. Also I wish that JHS could become more consistent but he played 40 minutes I think at Northwestern so I am not too upset. During the big lights though he did shine again and came up big. Between him and TJD we are riding on their backs alot. I am so glad to see the win but man we need more from our bench. I am just thinking though next year without our two studs what are we going to do? 

Woody has to learn when the media timeouts are coming and pull TJD a min. before to steal him some bench time.

• Like 3

Just now, bluegrassIU said:

I am pretty confident Miller still covered Meyerajority of the 2nd half.

Woody did move Miller off when he got in foul trouble, but switched back fairly quickly.

Watched the game with friends at BW3, have to watch it again but just remembering saying like 3 times, glad Kopp wasnt guarding him during the 2nd half.

31 minutes ago, madmax said:

We need Kopp to start playing more selfishly. Unless he’s passing for a wide open dunk, he should not be passing up a good look from 3. Same for Galloway.

He’s great at taking a shot fake and dribble, but sometimes it seems like he’d be better just taking the shot. 

I’m glad he had a good one today. He’s solid all around and I think that gets forgotten sometimes. 

• Like 1