IL @ IU post game thread

Reacher

1 minute ago, BeerBQ said:

He’s great at taking a shot fake and dribble, but sometimes it seems like he’d be better just taking the shot. 

I’m glad he had a good one today. He’s solid all around and I think that gets forgotten sometimes. 

A lot of times today both Miller and Galloway were off balance from the pass and couldn't shoot. Everyone in WB3's were yelling to shoot but I thought they were off balance more than not. TB just chucks its anyway. lol.

1 minute ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

Underwood: gives an excuse about guys being hurt/sick. Followed immediately by "but that's not an excuse" And then goes on to give more excuses

Bro, you saying something isn't an excuse doesn't cover up you making excuses 

I think he forgot the one guy with the hangnail.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Woody has to learn when the media timeouts are coming and pull TJD a min. before to steal him some bench time.

I saw him ask for a breather at a dead ball just before the under 4 TO and Woody ignored it. Race, Geronimo and XJ desperately need to get healthy and right by tourney time. I’m also hopeful Banks can contribute 5-6 minutes per game going forward. We went from one of the deepest benches in the country to essentially a 7 man rotation. 

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Same official gave you a break when they called a foul on JHS when it was a clean block.

Don’t hammer me here y’all but I was at the game and they showed a replay and it was a foul on JHS. Yes the block was clean but he actually hit him on the forearm then his hand got up for the block. I hate the refs as much as the next guy but unfortunately I’m this situation the ref was correct.

• Like 4

X coming back soon but you have to wonder how long it will take for him to be productive. In shape vs game shape? If he can dribble, pass and defend it would help this team. 

Race is out there trying but he's basically glued to the floor. Hasn't done a thing outside four feet. Some nice layups when Trayce finds him alone under the basket and that's it.

The guys that need to grow up and play their roles are Jordan and Tamar. The disappearing acts, senseless fouls, and forced shots are not acceptable at this point in their careers. If you can't be trusted on your home court at this point in the season, what are the odds you can be trusted in a tournament?

Edited by Euroclydon
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Don’t hammer me here y’all but I was at the game and they showed a replay and it was a foul on JHS. Yes the block was clean but he actually hit him on the forearm then his hand got up for the block. I hate the refs as much as the next guy but unfortunately I’m this situation the ref was correct.

I've seen a lot harder "fouls" than that no-called in the B10.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Indykev said:

XJ had a couple of those. They just even out.

I get it, but if I want the correct calls to be made, I have to also call out crap like this. That was the epitome of a "well the office said enforce some crap" but I don't understand why so here's a T , type call. 

I DON'T like Hawkins, mostly just because he is actually a pretty dang good player on an opponents team, but that was crap.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I get it, but if I want the correct calls to be made, I have to also call out crap like this. That was the epitome of a "well the office said enforce some crap" but I don't understand why so here's a T , type call. 

I DON'T like Hawkins, mostly just because he is actually a pretty dang good player on an opponents team, but that was crap.  

Personally, I don't get it.  These stats do not say first rounder to me...

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/coleman-hawkins-1.html

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

They kept showing the highlight on TV and Hummel said it should have been a no call. One angle showed he didn't hit Epps arm

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

I am pretty confident Miller still covered Meyer for the majority of the 2nd half.

Woody did move Miller off when he got in foul trouble, but switched back fairly quickly.

Miller was guarding him then picked up those two quick fouls. Coach Ya stood up and told Miller and Gallo to switch. Then In second half both Gallo and Kopp both guarded him and guarded him very well. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Personally, I don't get it.  These stats do not say first rounder to me...

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/coleman-hawkins-1.html

Totally agree, but may statement of " pretty good player" didn't mean lotto pic. He just seems to be an impact player that you always have to keep an eye on. As today proves.

Is he a first rounder.. ahh heck no. But I don't want to totally forget him either. Make sense?

Just now, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Totally agree, but may statement of " pretty good player" didn't mean lotto pic. He just seems to be an impact player that you always have to keep an eye on. As today proves.

Is he a first rounder.. ahh heck no. But I don't want to totally forget him either. Make sense?

I've actually seen him projected in the 1st round, which seems crazy to me.  I'm with you...he's not bad but LOL @ him drafted anywhere in this draft.

• Like 1