22 members have voted

1. 1. Who is tthe greatest Center (5 Man) In Indiana Men's Basketball History

• Trayce Jackson-Davis
    • Don Schlundt
    • Walt Bellamy
    • Steve Downing
    • Kent Benson

image.thumb.png.4da9d74275c0ac9c2be394e78b23aa4a.png

Wanted to gauge the temperature at this point...We all know Trayce will add more to his story...

Just fooling around and put together a spreadsheet of pertinent data...Things like Blocked Shots and Offensive Rebounds aren't included because those stats weren't kept back in the day. I did include assists (that weren't kept until the 70s) for a few players to deliniate close calls. 

Enjoy...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

image.thumb.png.4da9d74275c0ac9c2be394e78b23aa4a.png

Wanted to gauge the temperature at this point...We all know Trayce will add more to his story...

Just fooling around and put together a spreadsheet of pertinent data...Things like Blocked Shots and Offensive Rebounds aren't included because those stats weren't kept back in the day. I did include assists (that weren't kept until the 70s) for a few players to deliniate close calls. 

Enjoy...

The thing is what use to be considered a 4 man is now a 5.  Back in the day TJD wouldn't be playing the 5 but the four . So it is kind of difficult to compare because a guy like Allan Henderson would be a 5 if he was playing today.

So tough to pick because of eras.  Trayce the only one of the bunch to play with shot clock and 3 pointer.

How many of the others 'fit' today's game?  Of that group, besides Trayce, I only saw Benson.  I think Trayce is better under the rules now.  Benson was just as dominant under the rules in place at that time though.  

I voted Bellamy because many old-timers hold him in higher regard than Benson, and I have Benson and Trayce as equals.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

So tough to pick because of eras.  Trayce the only one of the bunch to play with shot clock and 3 pointer.

How many of the others 'fit' today's game?  Of that group, besides Trayce, I only saw Benson.  I think Trayce is better under the rules now.  Benson was just as dominant under the rules in place at that time though.  

I voted Bellamy because many old-timers hold him in higher regard than Benson, and I have Benson and Trayce as equals.

Bellamy had great numbers...But he really only played against 2 Centers of note in the Big 10...Jerry Lucas (Ohio State) and Terry Dischinger (Purdue) and they were both in the 6'8 range...

Trayce has had to go against some pretty good big guys in the Big 10 during his tenure at IU 

Just something to consider...

• Like 1