Purdue Post Game Thread

KDB

5 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

I have heart surgery scheduled at the end of the March. On my last visit with the surgeon, I was instructed to avoid stress. Obviously, he has no idea what it’s like to be an IU basketball fan!

We will be thinking of you and wish you a quick recovery.

Mother in-law had a-fib. A mechanical valve was put in at St. Vincent in Carmel. Doing just fine now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

I have heart surgery scheduled at the end of the March. On my last visit with the surgeon, I was instructed to avoid stress. Obviously, he has no idea what it’s like to be an IU basketball fan!

Good luck with the surgery... You'll be in our thoughts! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

I have nothing as serious as what you will be facing, but I do have high blood pressure and I'm over 70, so I need to tone down my stress level. That's why I recommend recording the game. If the Hoosiers win, I watch. If not, I don't, simple as that. Makes my relationship with the wife a lot easier too.

Wish you with your surgery.....  🙏

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Maedhros said:

Edey uses his elbow to clear space every time he touches the ball. It's not malicious, he's just built on a different scale, but it's a foul at least half the time and if you're not going to call them there's not much of a way to play defense.

He also uses his lower body to move the defender well out of established position. We've been taught that's what basketball is, especially in the Big Ten, but imagine a defender doing to that to a player with the ball and it just looks silly.

Edey seems like a good kid and I don't blame him for acting surprised when he does get called. To be fair to him, those calls have been rarely made all year.

You hit the nail on the head in every sungle point you made. If I’m Edey and reds let me get away with it then heck yes I’m doing it to

5 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Been there done that! The fact that you're waiting another month for it "implies" it's not an emergency surgery, which is great. I had mine 6+ years ago, and haven't had a problem since. Feel like it never happened! So should you. Recovery is a little frustrating if they have to cut your breastbone, because you can't do squat for 6 weeks til it heals, but other than that you should be good to go !! Good luck. Please keep us posted!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I have nothing as serious as what you will be facing, but I do have high blood pressure and I'm over 70, so I need to tone down my stress level. That's why I recommend recording the game. If the Hoosiers win, I watch. If not, I don't, simple as that. Makes my relationship with the wife a lot easier too.

Wish you with your surgery.....  🙏

Appreciate that, but I can’t help myself…I can’t keep from watching.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DWB said:

Been there done that! The fact that you're waiting another month for it "implies" it's not an emergency surgery, which is great. I had mine 6+ years ago, and haven't had a problem since. Feel like it never happened! So should you. Recovery is a little frustrating if they have to cut your breastbone, because you can't do squat for 6 weeks til it heals, but other than that you should be good to go !! Good luck. Please keep us posted!

Thanks, appreciate the positive feedback, and great to hear from someone who’s been through the same thing. I’ll try to stay calm during tomorrow night’s game. 

• Like 1