Purdue Post Game Thread

KDB

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Just need to shoot better but we shall see. 

Yep…it helped forcing the 4th and 5th options to shoot for sure. Missed free throws also stopped any chance for a close finish. That said the pattern of the backcourt getting man handled and taken to the woodshed is really disturbing the last month. Guards win in the tournament…I like yours but they are a couple years away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Yep…it helped forcing the 4th and 5th options to shoot for sure. Missed free throws also stopped any chance for a close finish. That said the pattern of the backcourt getting man handled and taken to the woodshed is really disturbing the last month. Guards win in the tournament…I like yours but they are a couple years away.

Yeah, Purdue's poor shooting against us wasn't random. We largely forced Smith and Loyer off the 3pt line, while giving the open 3's to Morton, Gillis and Jenkins. 

It was largely strategic. 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It was a battle and I didn’t think we would hold on til about a minute left. You guys just went cold…good news is you will still get the B1G title because of your early season work but can’t feel great to be leaking oil coming down the stretch.

We win our last two and Purdue loses their last two we can tie them. I guess if that happens then NW would win out and win the title

Edited by IU Scott
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, Purdue's poor shooting against us wasn't random. We largely forced Smith and Loyer off the 3pt line, while giving the open 3's to Morton, Gillis and Jenkins. 

It was largely strategic. 

Yeah if those guys beat you…you tip your cap it isn’t your day…but more often then not that’s a recipe for success. Of course it didn’t hurt to have one of the greatest performances by a freshman in IU history.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Euroclydon said:

21 offensive rebounds to 5 in favor of purdue. Crushed on the boards overall. FTs heavily in favor of purdue. TJD a non-factor most of the game. This will go down as one of the oddest yet most impressive IU wins over purdue ever.

It’s not a recipe for success for sure. Looked like the Michigan St game except our guards played their butts off.

Just now, cthomas said:

I never understood how people could question CMW's coaching ability. He has coached at the highest level and he played at IU for a legendary coach. Not many people have the background he has. That said, I have seen him grow so much from last year to this one. I believe we are in good hands going forward.

Let’s also give credit to the assistants…we all know they are the ones that put the scouting report together. 

• Like 4