Purdue Post Game Thread

KDB

Man this has to be the best game of the year. I didn't think we had much of a chance to win this game. I think Coach Woodson did a great job adjusting the offense when he saw TJD didn't have it tonight. Have to give credit to Galloway and Kopp for stepping up to help TJD and JHS. If we can have 3 or 4 reliable scorers every game we will be hard to beat.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

Seems to be some boiler fans that think Trey Kauffman Renn will leave after this year.  Guess things aren’t working out as well as he hoped.

That makes sense.  He’s a bit of a tweener and he and Furst going together never made sense.  He’d make a lot of sense at ISU where his uncle starred and where he’d be featured. They’ve won 20 games and have a bright coach.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

Seems to be some boiler fans that think Trey Kauffman Renn will leave after this year.  Guess things aren’t working out as well as he hoped.

He made a couple blatantly stupid mistakes at a critical juncture in the second half when I thought Purdue was about to punch back.  Killed any momentum they may have had.

6 minutes ago, KDB said:

Galloway becoming a 3 pt threat is so huge. He is so valuable to this team. 

Dude is just a winner. Always giving it everything he has.

It’s very huge because if Gunn doesn’t find his shot next year we don’t have someone like Milker who can hit the three. Banks is just a completely different player than Kopp and doesn’t have a shot 

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

That makes sense.  He’s a bit of a tweener and he and Furst going together never made sense.  He’d make a lot of sense at ISU where his uncle starred and where he’d be featured. They’ve won 20 games and have a bright coach.  

I was shocked when he went to Purdue after Furst committed.  My kids went to Silver Creek with him.  I know some of his extended family.  Virginia would have been a better fit for him basketball-wise, and he's got the academics for it.  But, I think it was too far away for his family.  He wasn't ever going to come to IU with Archie.  If Archie would have been gone before he made his decision, IU would have had a chance.  

He's too good for the Missouri Valley though.  Would not be surprised to see him give a second look at Virginia though.  

• Like 2