Purdue Post Game Thread

KDB

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I don't get that decision at all...he was worried about being used like TJD, he's a duplication of furst, he's behind Edey...yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he left either.

When he committed to Purdue, Edey wasn't a thing.  So, that part is understandable.  But, the Furst thing is what surprised me.  

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

When he committed to Purdue, Edey wasn't a thing.  So, that part is understandable.  But, the Furst thing is what surprised me.  

Yeah, well, he thought Painter was going to use him as a wing.  Just a real bad read on his part.  Either Painter wasn't straight with him on his role or he hasn't developed like Painter thought he would.

14 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, well, he thought Painter was going to use him as a wing.  Just a real bad read on his part.  Either Painter wasn't straight with him on his role or he hasn't developed like Painter thought he would.

11 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Most likely the latter. 

I'm not a talent evaluator, but if Matt Painter thought TKR was going to play on the perimeter in college, then neither is Painter.  Watching him play virtually every game throughout high school, I knew he wasn't ever going to be a wing.  Painter had to know that as well.  I lean towards the former.

I still think he will be a very productive college player given the opportunity to play 25+ minutes a game.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 3