Iowa Post game

ButlerHoosier

51 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

They always say you need 2-3 pros on your team. I am talking about 3-4 players who average double figures and show up every night. Just looked at that UCONN team and they had 4 players drafted in the NBA draft. They had 3 average double figures and their 4th leading scorer averaged 8

You must be looking at something I am not.

What I see is Walker at 23.5, Lamb at 11.1, then a guy at 9.6 and one at 7.8. Only two In double digits and I wouldn’t consider the others as consistent 

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I just think with injuries especially to XJ I just don't see it.  I don't think we are as talented as some think we are. I see two starters that would be bench players on championship teams(Kopp, Race.  Also Galloway should be your 5th option at best in your starting lineup. Also right now we have 4 players out and that hurts in the games but also on how you can practice.  If XJ was fully healthy and playing well I might think differently.

As for our inconsistency I don't see it that way. Our overall winning percentage is 67% which isn't great but pretty good. On our last 14 games our winning percentage is 71% which is pretty good.  Last night was unacceptable and should have been ready to play.

Galloway is shooting 50% from 3. That, combined with the energy he brings almost every game makes him more valuable than the fifth option for any team in the conference 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, IU Scott said:

They always say you need 2-3 pros on your team. I am talking about 3-4 players who average double figures and show up every night. Just looked at that UCONN team and they had 4 players drafted in the NBA draft. They had 3 average double figures and their 4th leading scorer averaged 8

No they don't.  What "they" say is that you need 1 1st round NBA player on the team.  And that 1 guy can be a future 1st rounder.  Having said that, the 1987 IU team is the exception to that rule.

Edit:  Found this

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/how-important-having-a-player-picked-in-the-first-round-of-the-nba-draft-has-been-to-ncaa-tournament-champions/

Edited by rico