Iowa Post game

ButlerHoosier

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

But as I said in the game thread, at some point it's gotta be the team leaders who hold people accountable...

And I'm not sure ours do that... 

Well, TJD had the “players only” meeting after that 3 game loosing streak. It seemed to work then. I’m sure everyone knows they didn’t take care of business. Something tells me the team slightly OVERLOOKED Iowa after we beat Purdue at Mackey! I could be wrong, but it sure looked like it!

• Like 2

That was a pathetic performance. Tony Perkins punked us. Kris Murray punked us. Rebraca punked us. Worst of all, Fran McCaffrey punked us. 

I knew this team was 100% unfocused on Iowa's first possession. For some inexplicable reason, whoever was defending Murray left him to double Rebraca who had TJD on him and didn't even need a double. 

Just a complete lack of focus. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This team just didn't handle success well at all. All the national people I saw was talking about how dangerous IU can be and had a good chance at a 3 seed. The players probably heard this talk and they probably was getting praise on campus.

We haven't really handled it well for a while, tbh. Lots of big mental pendulum swings.

I think that really comes down to experience and the consistency of winning at a high level. We have certainly made strides under CMW and he's teaching the boys how to win, but the sustained level of excellence and belief comes from handling the pressures day in and day out.

5 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Well, TJD had the “players only” meeting after that 3 game loosing streak. It seemed to work then. I’m sure everyone knows they didn’t take care of business. Something tells me the team slightly OVERLOOKED Iowa after we beat Purdue at Mackey! I could be wrong, but it sure looked like it!

I feel the same way. I can't say for sure but I felt like we forgot we were playing against a team with upperclassmen guards compared to the freshman from the Purdue team.

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 1

Just now, MoyeCowbell said:

Honest question: For all those who've used the "flush this one down the toilet" analogy... is that what's best?

Obviously, CMW will have the team watch the horror show game film... shouldn't they sit in this for a bit? Live in the filth and discomfort and embarrassment, not simply wipe it away?

Absolutely 

I recorded it and couldn’t watch the last 15 minutes. 

That is the most piss poor performance I’ve seen all year. That one was even worse than PSU. 

I’m so beyond disappointed that they let a F’n Fran McCaffrey team come in to OUR HOUSE and punk us like that. 

They should have just lied down on the floor and let Iowa score 100. 

Just B.S. 

3 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Honest question: For all those who've used the "flush this one down the toilet" analogy... is that what's best?

Obviously, CMW will have the team watch the horror show game film... shouldn't they sit in this for a bit? Live in the filth and discomfort and embarrassment, not simply wipe it away?

Fans should move on but these players need to be shown this film over and over again. Coaches needs to hold each player accountable for each mistake they see in the film.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

Just now, tdhoosier said:

I recorded it and couldn’t watch the last 15 minutes. 

That is the most piss poor performance I’ve seen all year. That one was even worse than PSU. 

I’m so beyond disappointed that they let a F’n Fran McCaffrey team come in to OUR HOUSE and punk us like that. 

They should have just lied down on the floor and let Iowa score 100. 

Just B.S. 

I'd say that's the most disappointing performance since the Knight return/Purdue game. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Hate to single anyone out because was a total team crapfest, but I'd love to see Bates +/- over the last 2-3 weeks. Seems every time he comes in our defense goes to crap and the other team goes on a 7-0 run. 

So disappointed in his development this year.  I thought he would score around 10ppg coming off the bench.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Hate to single anyone out because was a total team crapfest, but I'd love to see Bates +/- over the last 2-3 weeks. Seems every time he comes in our defense goes to crap and the other team goes on a 7-0 run. 

By most opinions, he's a better offensive player than defensive one, and he was outscored by Banks, equaled by Gunn, and as affective as Leal and Geronimo combined.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

I don't know... I always heard RMK was rougher after an easy win, than after a huge loss...

They'll have to stew in it for a bit, but we dwell on it too much and Michigan has the talent to do the same thing to us... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I don't know... I always heard RMK was rougher after an easy win, than after a huge loss...

They'll have to stew in it for a bit, but we dwell on it too much and Michigan has the talent to do the same thing to us... 

If RMK was coach and had the old rules these guys would be practicing right now 

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

If we come out flat vs. UM, then we are just pretenders and the team doesn’t have mindset to compete in March. 

We lost that game by not playing defense. Defense is effort. If this team can’t muster up one iota of effort to solidify a double bye in the BTT then I don’t know what to say. I can’t believe that just happened. 

• Like 4