3/3-3/5 LeClair Classic (ECU)

btownqb

Friday 430PM @#9 ECU ESPN+

Looks like we will get another 1st/2nd rd pitching prospect on Friday evening. Trey Yesavage has thrown 11IP 15K so far this season. 

Saturday we play Georgetown at noon and Sunday Long Beach State at 11am. Neither of these are televised, which is BS. All of the ECU game are televised, but the others aren't this weekend. 

Starting Friday we will play 8 games in 9 days. Big stretch ahead. 

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2023/3/2/baseball-gameday-at-leclair-classic

Sinnard is getting the start tomorrow, he had gone the past two Sundays. Same rotation as last weekend, just moving Luke to the Saturday game. 

Still have Kraft for 50-60p this weekend, same with Bothwell. So, our top 5 arms... I really like.. and the pen has done a nice job so far this season, as well. 

Finding offense today is the key. Kid ECU has throwing is a real dude, just like we've seen the first two weekends. I look for Devin Taylor to DH today, Mathison in RF and Colopy out of the lineup. Should be a lot of fun though. ECU is a great place for college baseball. 

Edited by btownqb

8 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Comeback from down 3-0 to beat Georgetown I see. Evens the record at 5-5 and based on the level of competition we are facing so far, that seems pretty good. 

Yep. 5-5 is for sure solid. Never want to get beat 17-4, but its baseball and there is tomorrow. 

We found a way yesterday behind Luke Sinnard- 6IP 4H 6K 2BB 2ER 

Yoho pitched a scoreless inning and Kraft was great in his 6 out save. 

Seti gets the ball to start. Kraft threw 27p yesterday, I would assume he wont pitch today? But idk.. maybe he could. 

Hayden hasn't thrown this weekend. Risesdorph hasn't either. Leavy can pitch. 

Bothwell came in Fri and was really bad. That's worrisome, but he could throw an inning, as well. 

Sorry guys. Don't have time to for a write up on this past weekend's games.... I would like to caution though. We have faced some SERIOUS pitching... from guys projected 1st/2nd rd to guys season ERAs are under 1.50 after 3 starts. 

We did not play well this weekend. 

5 straight, on cold days, here at home now. Find ways to win. 

Sinnard was great again.