Michigan II Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

55 minutes ago, Dawg Bawls said:

Whats his status vs the rules?

I've read from other posters, that it's not guaranteed, because of the amount of time he's played vs total season minutes. Evidently, there is some question as to  whether he's played in too many games to automatically qualify for the redshirt. I don't know the rules and thresholds, but I've seen enough posts to put a little doubt in my mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, DWB said:

I've read from other posters, that it's not guaranteed, because of the amount of time he's played vs total season minutes. Evidently, there is some question as to  whether he's played in too many games to automatically qualify for the redshirt. I don't know the rules and thresholds, but I've seen enough posts to put a little doubt in my mind.

They other qualification is that that it did not happened in the 2nd half of the season, but I’m pretty the 30% rule still applies to that

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DWB said:

I think I read or heard where XJ is like 9 minutes over the limit. I think the NC2A should make an exception here, JMO...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Inequality said:

Michigan will be trying to claw their way off the bubble. IU had better want it more and be well prepared for a slug fest.

72C5D4C5-5A53-4C63-AB0C-57211D0D10A8.thumb.jpeg.cbfe8296e83080d7f7c867368a7641ee.jpeg

I agree. MI wants this one bad. Will have to be ready to match that. Hopefully a good game to prepare for the tournaments and start a long winning streak 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I agree. MI wants this one bad. Will have to be ready to match that. Hopefully a good game to prepare for the tournaments and start a long winning streak 

I can see Jett Howard going off and scoring 6-7 threes if we let them do want they want like the Iowa game. It’s all or nothing for them at this point. A win could catapult them for a run that could land them a NCAA bid. I’m sure they have been made aware of that. IU cant play soft today at all.

All my eyes will be focused on perimeter D in the first 5 minutes. Against Iowa we came out flat, zero intensity and Iowa made it 12-2 and never looked back.

I'm feeling fairly confident in this one but it sure would be nice to have a good old fashion run your opponent out of the gym type game....and just anything positive from JG/TB to get their confidence back up. 

Finally Trayce. Such a special young man on/off the court. We thank you for your time at IU. Your legacy is safe as one of the best to don our uniform however March success is what determines your ultimate legacy. See 2002 team. 

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Inequality said:

I can see Jett Howard going off and scoring 6-7 threes if we let them do want they want like the Iowa game. It’s all or nothing for them at this point. A win could catapult them for a run that could land them a NCAA bid. I’m sure they have been made aware of that. IU cant play soft today at all.

I worry about Bufkin more than Howard. He's averaging 21 ppg and shooting the 3 at 54% in his last 5 games.

He brought them back against Illinois, but for some reason they went away from him at the end...

And I can't believe Howard had Joey Baker take that last shot (airball)

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

I think our chances hinge on how Kopp, Galloway, and Race play on both ends of the floor. We won in Ann Arbor with subpar offensive games from Miller and Trey, although both played pretty well on defense, especially in the last 5 minutes... Race did not play at all in that game...

And I hope Senior Day isn't a distraction... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I think our chances hinge on how Kopp, Galloway, and Race play on both ends of the floor. We won in Ann Arbor with subpar offensive games from Miller and Trey, although both played pretty well on defense, especially in the last 5 minutes... Race did not play at all in that game...

And I hope Senior Day isn't a distraction... 

At least we don't be senior day ceremonies after the game