Transfer Portal 2023

Danomatic

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

If you watch the NBA game you don't see many just posting up their big man and playing through the post

Soon to be the third consecutive MVP for *checks notes* center Nikola Jokic. Center Joel Embiid probably looking at another runner up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maedhros said:

Brey is leaving Notre Dame. Already speculation that could knock loose JJ Starling, a 6'4" CG who originally felt overwhelmed by the decision process before committing to ND because of his relationship to Brey. Five star recruit ranked around 20 by all the services. No IU offer initially, but he's now been in the state for two years. 

JJ is averaging 11.2 ppg.  Interestingly in 28 games he has dished out a whopping 32 assists.  

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2023 at 10:32 PM, Danomatic said:

Does anyone know of any up and coming potential coaching changes to look out for? Perhaps that’s another gray area where we could possibly pull a couple nice pieces away. I’m not positive right at the moment, but a lot of the guys prior to this season believed to be squarely on the hot seat, have had decent seasons in terms of maintaining their position. I know there’s a lot of smoke around Cal and Texas, which would leave some big time incoming freshman with questions, but let’s be honest… that buyout is way too big, unless Texas were going to pay up. I don’t see the UK brass letting him go anywhere with the group he’s got coming in next year. However, if he were to fail next season with that talented class, I’d say that their marriage would be over. Failing would be not getting to an elite eight, imo. I’m getting away from myself though… 

Ole Miss, Texas, ND.... Maybe Ohio State.... to name a few. 

ND and Ole Miss has had 2 guys each already decommit

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Indykev said:

You might say all of Texas Tech as well. Coach just fired for reading a bible verse to a black player about serving his master.

Seth Davis mentioned yesterday that there were other issues in Lubbock besides this most recent "Bible study."

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Idk man. We run a lot of high ball screens, pick and roll situations with TJD. He’s not been racking up assists lately by just sitting in the post. 

I think he's still got back issues. He's not nearly as mobile as he was the 1st half of the season. His quickness has slowed, and to me, he's gimpy coming back up the court. I've only seen him do 1 run out in the past 4-5 games.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DWB said:

I think he's still got back issues. He's not nearly as mobile as he was the 1st half of the season. His quickness has slowed, and to me, he's gimpy coming back up the court. I've only seen him do 1 run out in the past 4-5 games.

To be fair, the second half of the season he's been carrying us, sitting at most a couple minutes here and there. Many times he's played the entire game.

Naturally, he's gonna be selective on run outs.

9 minutes ago, rico said:

Nice find, Rico!

6'8" 250 lbs.

Shoots about 50% from the field, 80% from the line.

Over 16 points and 5+ rebounds per game.

I wonder what he wants from his future school, and what he is willing to give?  At quick glance, there would be serious minutes for someone like this at Indiana.  Maybe a starter, in place of Race Thompson?  No idea on that.  I don't know how Wofford compares to the BigTen.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Nice find, Rico!

6'8" 250 lbs.

Shoots about 50% from the field, 80% from the line.

Over 16 points and 5+ rebounds per game.

I wonder what he wants from his future school, and what he is willing to give?  At quick glance, there would be serious minutes for someone like this at Indiana.  Maybe a starter, in place of Race Thompson?  No idea on that.  I don't know how Wofford compares to the BigTen.

Saw he was 52-155 from 3 this year 33.5% but last year shot 44% from 3

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I personally think we need 3 players in the 4/5 slots for next year.

If Duncomb leave for sure 3. I think just 2 with the way the roster is now... with MR+JG+LD. Add 2 to that group. I certainly hope we will sacrifice some size for some skill at the 4, if we have to, though. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

If Duncomb leave for sure 3. I think just 2 with the way the roster is now... with MR+JG+LD. Add 2 to that group. I certainly hope we will sacrifice some size for some skill at the 4, if we have to, though. 

I look at it as we for sure our losing two, and with Trayce's minutes, you can almost say 2.5.

The other thing, and I always hate to get into this kind of speculation, but it would not surprise me if Reneau is the only current 4/5 to return. 

In that scenario, we would need 3 new players at those positions who are ready to contribute 55+ minutes combined (assumes Reneau plays 25).

• Like 1