Transfer Portal 2023

Danomatic

17 minutes ago, IUProfessor said:

I may be in the minority, but I'm a pass on Ledlum. 6'6" and 29% career from 3 isn't going to get it done at this level. Especially if we're looking at him to play the 4.

Same.  Would he want to come here and be 3rd fiddle and just play a banger scraper roll?  Doubtful. Is he AJ Moye 2.0?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUProfessor said:

I may be in the minority, but I'm a pass on Ledlum. 6'6" and 29% career from 3 isn't going to get it done at this level. Especially if we're looking at him to play the 4.

We would get him infinity better quality of looks than he gets as Options 1-3 at Harvard. Plus.. he shoots 4 3s per game for 2 years. It's not like 29% and Race Thompsons totals. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUProfessor said:

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Same.  Would he want to come here and be 3rd fiddle and just play a banger scraper roll?  Doubtful. Is he AJ Moye 2.0?  

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We would get him infinity better quality of looks than he gets as Options 1-3 at Harvard. Plus.. he shoots 4 3s per game for 2 years. It's not like 29% and Race Thompsons totals. 

Any concerns about academics?  :coffee:

• Haha 6

54 minutes ago, btownqb said:

But Race is 6'8". Ledlum is 6'6". That's too short for me for a 4 in the B1G, regardless of 3pt% (and yes, that applies to Geronimo as well from my perspective). Add in the subpar 3pt% over three seasons for Ludlum, and I have to believe we can do much better (or if not, we're in real trouble).

Edited by IUProfessor
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, IUProfessor said:

But Race is 6'8". Ledlum is 6'6". That's too short for me for a 4 in the B1G, regardless of 3pt% (and yes, that applies to Geronimo as well from my perspective). Add in the subpar 3pt% over three seasons for Ludlum, and I have to believe we can do much better (or if not, we're in real trouble).

I dont understand the height comment at all. 6'6 is plenty tall.  

27 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

This is how Kansas & SEC fans talked for 30 years 

make ‘em a strong ass offer 

And now it is all legal.  Whether it is good for the game is another question, but if it isn't against the rules it would be dumb not to take full advantage.

I wouldn't like the new paradigm if I was a Purdue fan either, but it is the new reality.  

34 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

And now it is all legal.  Whether it is good for the game is another question, but if it isn't against the rules it would be dumb not to take full advantage.

I wouldn't like the new paradigm if I was a Purdue fan either, but it is the new reality.  

Working out so far 

get kids committed to Purdue and buy into the team 

if a kid wants most money he can go that route 

IU will try for both 

if you have 4 year guys who get pocket change and $500K 5 stars it could get interesting in the locker room 

PS. If you gave me free 🍺 🍕 I’d still be in college 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I dont understand the height comment at all. 6'6 is plenty tall.  

Not at the 4 in the B1G. Geronimo is already outsized at that position but can (kinda) get by based on freak athleticism. I don't see why we'd double down on 6'6" bigs. We need to get longer, not shorter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Working out so far 

get kids committed to Purdue and buy into the team 

if a kid wants most money he can go that route 

IU will try for both 

if you have 4 year guys who get pocket change and $500K 5 stars it could get interesting in the locker room 

PS. If you gave me free 🍺 🍕 I’d still be in college 

The 13th player on our bench made enough to pay off his sister's student loans.  I think the 4 year guys who know they aren't going pro would be fine with that.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, IUProfessor said:

Not at the 4 in the B1G. Geronimo is already outsized at that position but can (kinda) get by based on freak athleticism. I don't see why we'd double down on 6'6" bigs. We need to get longer, not shorter.

You want Jeff Newton size at the 4.

• Like 2