Michigan Post Game Thread

KDB

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't post during the game any longer and knowing we won I went back to read the thread.  It is so fun to see how the tone just changes so quickly 

If you read page 1 of this thread then you would know I was purposely using the tried and true reverse jinx in the game thread. 

I knew we had this the entire time. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Huntnfreak said:

Damn near didn’t with him…ball bounced our way tonight..plain and simple!!

That statement can be made about every close game ever played. I wasn't old enough to watch IUBB in the 70s but have seen plenty from the 80s on. I guess our last NC was just because the ball bounced our way and Smart got lucky hitting that baseline jumper.

Making plays at the end of the game is such a key for "winning" teams/culture. I think the most important thing that Woodson has done since he's been here is instill that in his teams.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

If you read page 1 of this thread then you would know I was purposely using the tried and true reverse jinx in the game thread. 

I knew we had this the entire time. 

The reverse jinxers of the game were the ones trashing Bates in the first half. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't post during the game any longer and knowing we won I went back to read the thread.  It is so fun to see how the tone just changes so quickly 

To be fair, is it really any different than watching a game with folks in real life?  People get emotional and say/post things in  the heat of the moment. I admit I do it at times. I just take everything in those threads with a grain of salt. To each their own. Your plan to stay away is just as valid. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

To be fair, is it really any different than watching a game with folks in real life?  People get emotional and say/post things in  the heat of the moment. I admit I do it at times. I just take everything in those threads with a grain of salt. To each their own. Your plan to stay away is just as valid. 

Not condemning anyone because I would be posting the same thing. That is why I stop posting during games because you can look like a fool alot

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not condemning anyone because I would be posting the same thing. That is why I stop posting during games because you can look like a fool alot

Also things can be said that are right( noticed) at the time but also we can still win. People were questioning the bad decisions and bad plays..they still happened and we won. People complaining about open shots we were missing. Still happened and we won. Just because we won doesn’t mean some stuff that happened in the game thread isn’t true. Some stuff is blatantly wild heat of the moment stuff. But winning and the posts being made have no bearing on eachother at the time. We wouldn’t make them after blowing a 14 point lead knowing we are gonna win the game because we wouldn’t be so pissy and emotional. Not commenting at you in particular, just about posting. I made one post during the game about us looking lost and like trash. It was true at the time. And I stopped posting. 

• Like 1

Swept Michigan, Illinois and Purdue.  Didn’t get a chance to play lowly Nebraska, Ohio State, Minnesota, or Wisconsin twice (the bottom four, right?).  Only played Maryland and PSU on the road instead of the other way around.  Perfect storm of a schedule conspiring against us.   

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Tamar Bates with the team leading +11 tonight. 

He played good defense…nailed a couple big shots…helped space the floor. Couple bad turnovers but all in all not bad. He didn’t play a lot of minutes but made the most of them.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Also things can be said that are right( noticed) at the time but also we can still win. People were questioning the bad decisions and bad plays..they still happened and we won. People complaining about open shots we were missing. Still happened and we won. Just because we won doesn’t mean some stuff that happened in the game thread isn’t true. Some stuff is blatantly wild heat of the moment stuff. But winning and the posts being made have no bearing on eachother at the time. We wouldn’t make them after blowing a 14 point lead knowing we are gonna win the game because we wouldn’t be so pissy and emotional. Not commenting at you in particular, just about posting. I made one post during the game about us looking lost and like trash. It was true at the time. And I stopped posting. 

Not really talking about how we are playing but how we talk about the players. Like wanting Tamar to transfer how people were getting on Race

• Like 1