IU vs Maryland Pre-Game B10 Tournament

ButlerHoosier

Will they attack the press to score or will it be a fight to get over half court? I'd like to see them attack when it's there but you have to put the ball in the right hands and have finishers in position and ready to make a play. 

Turnovers and rebounding. The formula never changes for IU. Still think the guards keeping the ball in front if them is huge so they are not scrambling on D and out of position.

• Like 1

I think we need this one to convince the committee we belong on the 4-line.  In fact, we may need tomorrow as well.  A lot of teams lurking right behind us, and losing again to any of Maryland, Penn State, and especially Northwestern will raise serious questions about how good we are when those teams are several seed lines below us.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I think we need this one to convince the committee we belong on the 4-line.  In fact, we may need tomorrow as well.  A lot of teams lurking right behind us, and losing again to any of Maryland, Penn State, and especially Northwestern will raise serious questions about how good we are when those teams are several seed lines below us.  

I must admit that I'm surprised that IU is shown as a 4 seed.  But college basketball is pretty crazy anymore.  The product has slipped some, IMO.  But the game is played differently now and I'm just an old guy trying to keep up.  LOL.   😂😂😂

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I must admit that I'm surprised that IU is shown as a 4 seed.  But college basketball is pretty crazy anymore.  The product has slipped some, IMO.  But the game is played differently now and I'm just an old guy trying to keep up.  LOL.   😂😂😂

Know what you mean, not the same game at all

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I’m a nervous wreck. I’ll be honest, I have a bad feeling about tonight. I think I have BTT PTSD after all our struggles in this thing. We’ve not looked as sharp the last two games. We need to be dialed in from tip to 00:00. 

I want this game, b/c I’m not a MD fan and I always want IU to win. But it’s nice this year not to be worried about our BTT being the only thing to get us into the NCAAT. We don’t HAVE to have this game to get into the NCAAT.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

If it's anything like last year, that has already been decided. 

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

If it's anything like last year, that has already been decided. 

I saw on one pre-game show where they did say they tentatively had the Top 4 seeds in place.  But, you have to think there could be some movement depending on who wins conference tournaments and who does not make the semis.  

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I saw on one pre-game show where they did say they tentatively had the Top 4 seeds in place.  But, you have to think there could be some movement depending on who wins conference tournaments and who does not make the semis.  

Last year it was all decided well before the BTT Title game. I really don't think there is much movement beyond a team moving out and replaced by another team at the back end. 

Moving seeds at this point can have multiple tickle down implications based on some of the rules with seeding. 

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Last year it was all decided well before the BTT Title game. I really don't think there is much movement beyond a team moving out and replaced by another team at the back end. 

Moving seeds at this point can have multiple tickle down implications based on some of the rules with seeding. 

If IU loses tonight and, say Miami wins the ACC or UK wins the SEC, they replace us.  You build those contingencies in place by having that team be the 5 in the region you have IU as the 4.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1