Maryland Post Game Thread

KDB

Ugh just wouldn't go away! Great win guys! Time to break down PSU film and get ready for them. I hope they have really tired legs. Race needs to find his head it didn't travel with him. He literally almost lost that game single handedly. Here's to hoping OSU has another upset in them. They are desperate and literally playing for their NCAA tourney life. Puck Furdue! May they play the worst game of the year. Also gotta enjoy watching TJD and JHS cause it will be a long while before we get another 1 2 punch like this. 

• Like 1

Well I kept my word and shut up after my last post in the other thread.  Good win after a rough first half.  Next is Penn State (I actually wanted NW).

Last time they hit, what, 18 threes?  Obviously, defend like they did in the second half tonight.  Hold onto the ball, make some shots, both in and out, do not allow too many offensive rebounds and second chances, and hit over 75% of free throws and all should be well.

3 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Bates wasn’t All-World, but he did contribute and was in control. Bodes well for him and the future. 

He wasn't all world, but he was really good. The key for him has always been that he's a negative defensively.

In the 2nd half, he wasn't just not a negative defensively, he was a positive. He was additive on defense. 

If he does that, then it allows him to settle in offensively and find a groove. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

He wasn't all world, but he was really good. The key for him has always been that he's a negative defensively.

In the 2nd half, he wasn't just not a negative defensively, he was a positive. He was additive on defense. 

If he does that, then it allows him to settle in offensively and find a groove. 

Playing good defense means putting in the work. You gotta think Bates has been doing everything he can this season to put in the positive defensive games he has lately. I hope he can continue to improve his defense and continue to hit big shots like these.

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 9.36.23 PM.png

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 2

Just now, BGleas said:

Was a really massive part of the 2nd half. We gave up a ton of offensive boards in the first half. In the 2nd we largely held them to 1 shot. 

We're a much better rebounding team with TJD/Reneau together. 

Reneau is athletic enough to hang out on the perimeter a bit on defense. As long as he moves his feet and keeps his hands away. I love those two together. They really control the paint so well. 

• Like 1