Maryland Post Game Thread

KDB

37 minutes ago, IUguy said:

Well I kept my word and shut up after my last post in the other thread.  Good win after a rough first half.  Next is Penn State (I actually wanted NW).

Last time they hit, what, 18 threes?  Obviously, defend like they did in the second half tonight.  Hold onto the ball, make some shots, both in and out, do not allow too many offensive rebounds and second chances, and hit over 75% of free throws and all should be well.

Is that all??? Lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Wow… listened to post game with Maryland and Donta Scott made a comment on about all the IU fans and how that made a difference in helping IU. He sounded a bit disappointed that they couldn’t have that same support like IU did… I didn’t feel sorry for him one bit!…

I just used a College Park translator to help us understand what Scott said  "I wish we were at the Xfinity Center and we could hack the crap out of our opponents without fouling."

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I’m not a Maryland hater in any way, and am a big fan of coach Willard. 
but I just watched the Maryland post game interviews. 

Hey ball dads. That should be embarrassing for you. Those interviews were a total embarrassment for grown ass men. Step up or step off! 
it sucks to watch good male athletes that can’t speak in a way that their audience understands them. Embarrassing!

Just now, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Trayce didn’t do anything different (except own us repeatedly)..didn’t even give the “ yeah he’s a good player” line. I get they lost and are upset but come on. 

They're mad because they didn't give it away... We took it...

And they know it... 

• Like 4

Didn’t get a chance to read through all comments ….. survived and advanced. Didn’t play the best, but we won. Defense was much better in the second half. Hit the shots we needed to and TJD / JHS were who we thought they were. However, please guard the perimeter better tomorrow! And please play smarter basketball. 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

I love hearing coach talk basketball. You can tell he knows so much. And he lets the kids really take ownership and develop. Always selling his coaching and player development in very subtle ways too. 

Letting these young men take ownership… (after giving them the foundation for war fare). 
A great coach doesn’t know more than you, he knows how to make you know more than him. 

• Like 2

As far as Trayce not getting player of the year, well, BS.  I'm not sure what all they look at but besides points and rebounds TJD has 3.9 assist per game and over 20 steals to Edeys 1.5 and less than 10 steals. And that's just the tangibles.

Great game!  I was a little uncomfortable with about 5 minutes left in the first. They came out strong and left no doubt in the second.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Asked Willard what the big difference was in the game and his answer “ that missed goaltend “ lol

Could have been the block charge calls. Those were horrible calls. The goaltend was close and I thought was a bad call. For sure helped out momentum. But the 2 missed charge calls hurt a little too

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Bates wasn’t All-World, but he did contribute and was in control. Bodes well for him and the future. 

This! In another thread this week I was none too kind of Tamar’s recent play.  Still caught myself saying Noooooo Tamar on that long 3, but then a quick Yes!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I’m not a Maryland hater in any way, and am a big fan of coach Willard. 
but I just watched the Maryland post game interviews. 

Hey ball dads. That should be embarrassing for you. Those interviews were a total embarrassment for grown ass men. Step up or step off! 
it sucks to watch good male athletes that can’t speak in a way that their audience understands them. Embarrassing!

What do you expect, people from Jersey can’t even pronounce Jersey!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

what did he say?

First, in the middle of Rapheal Davis and Revsine talking about our win and how well we played, he brings up the Iowa game just to throw water on the celebration...

Then, when they started talking about IU not having to hit a boatload of 3s to win, he started prattling on about some USA team he coached that couldn't shoot from outside, and proceeded to pat himself on the back for his brilliant leadership...

🙄

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

First, in the middle of Rapheal Davis and Revsine talking about our win and how well we played, he brings up the Iowa game just to throw water on the celebration...

Then, when they started talking about IU not having to hit a boatload of 3s to win, he started prattling on about some USA team he coached that couldn't shoot from outside, and proceeded to pat himself on the back for his brilliant leadership...

🙄

Then @Reacher knocked him out, on live television. It was awesome!

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

🙄

He’s still butt-hurt over Eric Gordon

• Like 3