Maryland Post Game Thread

KDB

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

This was the "goaltending" Willard was crying about...

Looked like a clean block to me 🙂

He caught it right at the apex. 

Don't know why he was complaining, they would have missed the shot anyway.  They shot 32%, maybe thats why they lost? 😝

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Thanks...

Coach what you think about the refs... like when Galloway was ran over, or when Race was called for a ticky tack but then was tackled on the next play or how lopsided the fouls were in the first half...

well I think 1 missed goaltending call really changed things for us...

🥲

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Yes, he brought up the goaltending but what I saw was a guy that was pissed… mainly at the inane an repeated questions from the media. He has done a good job with his team and has them playing hard.

As far as the players… I know Donta and Hakeem are from Philly. Don’t know about you guys, but in my experience with people from that area, there tends to be an edge to them and it doesn’t surprise me that they didn’t give IU any credit. These are also inner city guys, not going to criticize them for how they do or don’t present themselves in an interview after a tough loss.

If you really want to cringe, go look for some of the interviews after Georgetown games in the Patrick Ewing era. These Maryland players are much more articulate 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

Found video

REACHER-EPISODE-5-SLAP.gif.bdb7985330077504d6211f5788228bee.gif

Wow, the Cook County Jails are as bad as the Indonesia ones-at least from the stories @Colonialcrester would tell. Now that I think about it, @bluegrassIUwas a part of a lot of those stories... Ah, good times.

At least the no bail policy has me out in time to catch the game this aft! 

Edited by Reacher
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, BGleas said:

It seems so simple for both Reneau and Bates, yet it's so difficult for them sometimes. 

Reneau - don't foul, don't turn it over and rebound. Everything else is gravy. 

Bates - play hard on defense and don't take wild shots. Then he has time to get into the flow offensively.  

If both focus on those things then they're starter quality coming off the bench. When both don't do those things then they're almost unplayable. 

Agree on all points, but I will add 1 more....

Kopp - Why oh why doesn't he shoot more open 3's?? He passes them up too many times