IU vs Penn State Pre-Game B10 Tournament

IUFLA

40 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

I don't remember this moment exactly; will have to go back and watch. Easy to pick one frame and make global statements. This could be something brewing negatively, or simply a well-timed shot that doesn't have full context.

Good thing is we'll know by later today how everything is going. Not a lot of time to stew and speculate.

Agree!

I hate hate hate when people take a picture and draw conclusions. 

Watch the game, he was going crazy when JHS hit the late 3. He was engaged on the bench the entire time.

This could easily be a moment of reflection "damn, I hurt the team" before jumping into the huddle.

There has been NOTHING to indictate any attitude issues with Jordan, and this tweeting of a picture with no context is just an unfair character attack.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

I don't remember this moment exactly; will have to go back and watch. Easy to pick one frame and make global statements. This could be something brewing negatively, or simply a well-timed shot that doesn't have full context.

Good thing is we'll know by later today how everything is going. Not a lot of time to stew and speculate.

Could also be a kid that has had a lot of injuries sitting down because parts hurt 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Agree!

I hate hate hate when people take a picture and draw conclusions. 

Watch the game, he was going crazy when JHS hit the late 3. He was engaged on the bench the entire time.

This could easily be a moment of reflection "damn, I hurt the team" before jumping into the huddle.

There has been NOTHING to indictate any attitude issues with Jordan, and this tweeting of a picture with no context is just an unfair character attack.

I agree, but he has to be struggling with where he fits in on this team...

If you don't count the 21 minutes he got against Michigan, in the 7 previous games he has 30 minutes, 6 points, and 5 rebounds...

I hope he just stays with it

Jordan’s time/opportunity is coming. Hopefully Woody reemphasizes that with him in the coming weeks. That doesn’t mean that someone else won’t come in and outwork him next year, but I do believe that he’ll get much more opportunities next season. Woody has shortened the bench for almost all of Big Ten play… with blowouts being the exception. 

Edit: To add to this; I thought JG did a helluva job filling the gap while Race was out. His energy was the spark that we needed after the mid season slump that we endured.

Edited by Danomatic
  • Like 2

Jordan’s lack of improvement, especially after the surge late last year, is baffling. Feels like it was a mirage. 

Agree with Droogh - he tries really hard, and his character seems strong, but the lack of in game understanding isn’t any better than day 1. The double off of a good shooter last night for an open 3 was… a mistake that children don’t even make in 2k

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I went back and watched the first Penn State game... Jordan played lights out in the first 15 minutes, but then he started swimming outside his lane trying to do things that are beyond what Coach Woodson expects... 

Maybe because they're smaller, Jordan gets some good minutes and produces for us

Edited by IUFLA

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

The matchup I am concerned with is Race on Lundy because if Race is late on close outs against Lundy we will pay for it.

Why wouldn't we put Race on Pickett?

I'm with you on the closeouts though. Actually Race, Malik (he's improved though), and JG all struggle with closeouts on shooters. This is what makes me nervous about this game. 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Why wouldn't we put Race on Pickett?

I'm with you on the closeouts though. Actually Race, Malik (he's improved though), and JG all struggle with closeouts on shooters. This is what makes me nervous about this game. 

Wouldn't Pickett then just take him outside and just drive past him 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Wouldn't Pickett then just take him outside and just drive past him 

Pickett isn't much of a straight line dribble drive guy... He more backs you down and uses fakes, his body, and footwork to get free for a shot or a pass... 

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Pickett isn't much of a straight line dribble drive guy... He more backs you down and uses fakes, his body, and footwork to get free for a shot or a pass... 

This is my thought as well ( @IU Scott). Pickett backs guys down, he doesn't straight-line drive often. 

Lundy is a perimeter guy that can lose his man for open 3', not exactly a strength of Race's defensively. 

Somewhat off topic, but this game would certainly be a determining fact; would you rather us(finally) win the big ten tournament and potentially get moved to the 3 line? Or are you fine being on the 4 line, playing in the South with potential regional games being played in Louisville? 

2 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Somewhat off topic, but this game would certainly be a determining fact; would you rather us(finally) win the big ten tournament and potentially get moved to the 3 line? Or are you fine being on the 4 line, playing in the South with potential regional games being played in Louisville? 

Those are good questions. I would be OK with the Hoosiers on the 4 line with the possibility of playing closer to Bloomington....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I want to win this thing.

• Like 2

• KDB locked this topic