Penn State Post Game Thread

KDB

3 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Yeah, that was my initial thoughts watching this game.

"Damn you Anthony and Logan!" 🤦‍♂️   

You say that but the truth of the matter is… We desperately need bench pieces. These two have are buried on the bench and probably won’t even provide next year. I like Leal as a person but it’s kinda needed. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

This team hasn't been able to shoot in 6 years.

And that's important. The goal is to shoot th ball into the basket.

If you shoot the ball from beyond the arc and mak it, they will even give you another point!

We lead the league in shooting percentage and scoring so if you are going to come on here to complain at least he correct.  We also hit around 38% from 3.  It is so nice to see you on here after a loss because we missed you for most of the last couple of months

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

IU needs so many shooters. I’m sorry but if you can’t get any playing time on scholarship this season they should probably not be with the program. I hate to say it but Duccomb and Leal probably should go for better improvements. Go ahead and bash me but it’s the reality that needs to happen. 

It is not about replacing the 12th and 13tj spots on the roster

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

We also hit around 38% from 3.  

I'm quoting you as a jumping off point.  I'm not directing this at you, Scott. 

It's not the percentage that is a problem, it's the volume.  We hit 38% of 10 threes while teams like PSU and Iowa hit 33% of 24 3s.  That doubles them up on points off the three.  We need to shoot more and find ways to get more open looks from 3. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

We lead the league in shooting percentage and scoring so if you are going to come on here to complain at least he correct.  We also hit around 38% from 3.  It is so nice to see you on here after a loss because we missed you for most of the last couple of months

I was here last night cheering. 

11 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

We are what we are at this point of the season, but our struggles on both ends of the floor with the 3 point shot will be something we have to address in the off season.  

Thankfully one of the selection members, not Reynolds, said lines 1-8 were basically already seeded.  If that's true, this shouldn't affect us in that regard. 

You said it. Once again we got smashed from the three point line …. -18. Will lose every single game in college basketball when you can’t make some threes. I’m not sure MK knows his role bc we can’t have him passing up open three after open three like he did today. I’m disappointed but not surprised. Just hope we get a favorable draw and miraculously put together some consistent games. But I’m not holding my breath. I truly hope Woody addresses this for next year. No excuses. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

It's not the percentage that is a problem, it's the volume.  We hit 38% of 10 threes while teams like PSU and Iowa hit 33% of 24 3s.  That doubles them up on points off the three.  We need to shoot more and find ways to get more open looks from 3. 

BINGO!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It means nothing to shoot 38% from three when you shoot them in the single digits. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s the volume that is the problem. 

Sorry @Parakeet Jones. You already said this. A little late. 

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

Some guys on twitter are talking about how Mike Woodson is using old NBA concepts that don't translate to today's game. Other coaches are using more modern concepts and talking to modern coaches instead of talking to guys like Wittman.

Do you realize that in his first year with the Knicks they broke the season record for the most 3's shot in NBA history. He uses this team offense because of our roster right now

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

Some guys on twitter are talking about how Mike Woodson is using old NBA concepts that don't translate to today's game. Other coaches are using more modern concepts and talking to modern coaches instead of talking to guys like Wittman.

Cool, crawl back in your hole. I’m a long time reader on here and rarely post but don’t understand why you’re still allowed to post. You’re a troll 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Just stating to Sea Turtle that said we can't hit shots at all. I know he is a troll that only comes here when we lose

2 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

You said it. Once again we got smashed from the three point line …. -18. Will lose every single game in college basketball when you can’t make some threes. I’m not sure MK knows his role bc we can’t have him passing up open three after open three like he did today. I’m disappointed but not surprised. Just hope we get a favorable draw and miraculously put together some consistent games. But I’m not holding my breath. I truly hope Woody addresses this for next year. No excuses. 

I wonder if Kopp has lost his confidence....

• Like 2

Glad I stayed away from the game thread, and this one seems to be headed down the same hole. The negative turn here is really disappointing.

We got beat today by a group of old, experienced players. IMO, turning points of the game were both problems stemming from our inexperienced guys. Trace doubles to help inside, shot missed, MR doesn’t block out and their big has a dunk put back. Next defensive possession MR overplays on Lundy and gives up an and 1. Finally, we tie it and come down and JHS turns it over leading to a Funk 3 and away they go. Their experienced guys made experienced plays. Our young guys made young guy mistakes. Hopefully, they can learn from them as we will need better play from them in the tournament that matters.

Proud of the fight we exhibited. Like @Indykevsaid, I wondered why we didn’t press more/earlier. With them playing 3 games in 3 days, I think we could have worn them out. Very pleased with Bates, and think he has surpassed TG. Kopp has to get out of his own head and be ready to shoot when he’s open. 
We will have the advantage of playing v teams who have never faced a TJD. This talk of not making it out of the 1st round is laughable. 

Some folks need to get a grip. Only one team was going to win this tournament, and frankly having an extra day’s rest isn’t a bad thing 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It's not the percentage.  It's the number of 3's taken...  we could double our attempts in that regard,  and it still wouldn't be leading the league. Woody has definitely made an impact, but he's limited on what he can do with the perimeter players on this team...  Hopefully he kills it in the portal

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is not about replacing the 12th and 13tj spots on the roster

I understand that but the fact of the matter is we have no depth anyways. Idk I just feel like a CJ would have been a perfect 12th/13th guy this year. He has projection. Leal I hate to say it only comes in with walk ons. Like I said I love him. But… I would welcome any talent that could carve a role in the 12/13 spot. Not trying to start an argument just saying after watching this season we need all the talent we can get. 

Just now, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I wonder if Kopp has lost his confidence....

Doesn’t make sense to me. If that’s the case, then he’s not the guy we wanted on this team. We need the fearless guy that knows he’s going to make the next one. Don’t get me wrong, we don’t want the guy that doesn’t make many thinking this, but we need a cold blooded killer that can shoot. We don’t have that.