Selection Sunday

Speaking of NET or KenPom, some of the teams higher than us make me giggle. There are 9-10 teams above us in NET that are just ridiculous……Fla Atlantic, UK, Arkansas, Iowa St, West Va, Boise St, Creighton to name most of them. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think we should be any higher than 20, but these teams being higher are a joke IMO. 

17 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

The selection committee likes to set up tv worthy possibilities. I'm not as concerned about seeding as I am the location and path.

Yes, you have to beat good teams at some point regardless but I wouldn't be shocked to see some historically relevant rivalries awaiting in round 2.

I have heard from to many people that they don't have the time to come up with these TV matchups everyone always talks about 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Speaking of NET or KenPom, some of the teams higher than us make me giggle. There are 9-10 teams above us in NET that are just ridiculous……Fla Atlantic, UK, Arkansas, Iowa St, West Va, Boise St, Creighton to name most of them. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think we should be any higher than 20, but these teams being higher are a joke IMO. 

Compare Kansas vs UConn in the NET and the explain to me how UConn is ahead of them. Unfathomable. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have heard from to many people that they don't have the time to come up with these TV matchups everyone always talks about 

They do have a week to come up with preliminary selections.  Especially if conference tournament results don't move the needle that much.

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Duke played themselves into a 4 seed.  Virginia will also be a 4 seed.  The final two 4 seeds will come from among Indiana, Xavier, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and TCU.  We have the worst NET among those 5 teams.  I just can't see a path to the 4.  

Lunardi still has us as a 4 seed in south region and has us ahead of duke

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Lunardi knows very little. Some of you are talking about yesterday’s result….. the committee guy that spoke prior to our game said they already had the 1-8 seeding completed. Yesterday meant nothing for us or Duke. 

This! Why is everyone forgetting that the committee has consistently shown that things are almost always already done before yesterday's results. 

Yesterday's game had very little, if probably even zero impact on our seed. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

This! Why is everyone forgetting that the committee has consistently shown that things are almost always already done before yesterday's results. 

Yesterday's game had very little, if probably even zero, impact on our seed. 

You are correct

if we are a 5 we probably were a 5 before yesterday’s game. It’s based on the whole season. Not the last game or the last 5 games. The fact they had us as 4 In mid February. We still have a chance to be 4. They might have moved us down. But that would have happened before Saturday’s game and maybe even before Friday

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I will guaranty you that it meant something for Duke.  I outlined it above.  They had a spot on the 4 line dedicated to the ACC, and a spot on the 5 line Dedicated to the ACC.  Winner gets the 4 and loser gets the 5.  There is no way Virginia gets a higher side than Duke, especially considering that Duke got screwed out of a win against Virginia in the regular season.  

They don't look at conference affiliation. It's not like they outline how many teams from each conference are getting in and pre-slot the conference spots. 

1 minute ago, 94hoosier said:

You are correct

if we are a 5 we probably were a 5 before yesterday’s game. It’s based on the whole season. Not the last game or the last 5 games. The fact they had us as 4 In mid February. We still have a chance to be 4. They might have moved us down. But that would have happened before Saturday’s game and maybe even before Friday

100%!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

To me it doesn’t matter if we are a 4 or 5. The matchups are more important with the region being next thing to consider. Would be nice to make it to second week and be in Louisville. IU fans will travel but Louisville would be packed and help create a home court atmosphere 

After yesterday does the crowd even matter though?  I think it is almost all matchups.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BGleas said:

They don't look at conference affiliation. It's not like they outline how many teams from each conference are getting in and pre-slot the conference spots. 

They absolutely have to in order to avoid early round matchups.  If they didn't start the week thinking, "OK, we have Miami, Virginia, and Miami that seem to belong on the 4-6 line.  Let's designate one ACC spot on each line before the ACC tourney and place the teams after the conference tournament games are played", then they have wasted a great opportunity.