NCAA Tournament 1st Round-Kent State Pre-Game

IUFLA

We have a size advantage for sure in the backcourt and need to use that to our advantage. Kent State will not have played against any interior player with the skill set and athleticism of TJD. The only thing that worries me about this game is how the refs call it. If they call an extremely tight game we may run into some foul trouble and give them easy points on the line 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

We have a size advantage for sure in the backcourt and need to use that to our advantage. Kent State will not have played against any interior player with the skill set and athleticism of TJD. The only thing that worries me about this game is how the refs call it. If they call an extremely tight game we may run into some foul trouble and give them easy points on the line 

They lost a close game to Gonzaga, no?  I know Timme is a different kind of player than TJD, but I wonder how they defended Timme and Gonzaga?

• Like 1

Just now, SawatchHoosier said:

I'm about 10 minutes into the first half. What do you make of the half court trap KS uses? I would imagine they will put that on JHS?

You talking once they cross midcourt? I thought they disguised it pretty well... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You talking once they cross midcourt? I thought they disguised it pretty well... 

Yes, that one. I think it could cause issues. Additionally, they'll do it with 15 seconds on shot clock like this one I time stamped to the link 

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Yes, that one. I think it could cause issues. Additionally, they'll do it with 15 seconds on shot clock like this one I time stamped to the link 

That was the exact one I was thinking of... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madmax said:

We need to come out and punch them in the mouth. We are Indiana freaking University. Play with intensity, show them that they are not on our level, don't be bashful shooting the 3, and I think we'll have no issues.

DO NOT CARE WHO WE PLAY!!! WE ARE IU!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like 1