Tough time fir Dawg family

7 hours ago, Dawg Bawls said:

Why do we do this to ourselves?...LOVE is why... if one cant fully love then one can not fully live.

Yep, it’s love. I still tear up thinking about our sweet Chloe sometimes when I see a picture or video of her on my phone. We were able to adopt a rescue dachshund a few months after, and she has really helped us heal. Thinking of you guys. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Yep, it’s love. I still tear up thinking about our sweet Chloe sometimes when I see a picture or video of her on my phone. We were able to adopt a rescue dachshund a few months after, and she has really helped us heal. Thinking of you guys. 

I would like to get another dog but convincing the wife is different story... maybe a Shiba Inu, its the small cousin... maybe I could sneak him/her in and she'll never know... at least for awhile😇

2 minutes ago, Dawg Bawls said:

I would like to get another dog but convincing the wife is different story... maybe a Shiba Inu, its the small cousin... maybe I could sneak him/her in and she'll never know... at least for awhile😇

We got one more dog after the beloved chow.  She was sweet, but could never quite measure up to the chow and so when she died, we just started spaying/neutering/feeding stray cats that showed up.  It's just easier for us.  You get attached to cats, but not like we did with dogs.  Dogs are too much like family.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

We got one more dog after the beloved chow.  She was sweet, but could never quite measure up to the chow and so when she died, we just started spaying/neutering/feeding stray cats that showed up.  It's just easier for us.  You get attached to cats, but not like we did with dogs.  Dogs are too much like family.

Cats are like having your wife's cousin from California crashing in your basement...just there for the free food and catnip.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Dawg Bawls said:

You’ll know when it’s time. For us, we don’t have kids, it was just SO quiet w/o that pitter patter of her paws and weird little personality entertaining us. 

When you talk to your daughter next tell her you guys also have a group of gruff old men with tears in their eyes thinking about you guys. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

You’ll know when it’s time. For us, we don’t have kids, it was just SO quiet w/o that pitter patter of her paws and weird little personality entertaining us. 

When you talk to your daughter next tell her you guys also have a group of gruff old men with tears in their eyes thinking about you guys. 

That will make her chuckle...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lostin76 said:

So i told her and she laughed and said pain hits all ages...

• Like 1

Really sorry for you Dawg. They don't call them Man's best friend for nothing. Unconditional love every day, and no matter how hard you try (not you) to not get attached to them, you lose every time. For many of us it's like loosing a kid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DWB said:

Really sorry for you Dawg. They don't call them Man's best friend for nothing. Unconditional love every day, and no matter how hard you try (not you) to not get attached to them, you lose every time. For many of us it's like loosing a kid.

Yeah they were put here on this earth for us, without them man would not have become man, and I wouldnt be the man I am without them teaching me to trust, honor, be loyal, to love, PATIENCE.... Diego, Andres, now Yukio have all taught me how to be the father I want to be. Amazing how little things are the big things sometimes.

5 minutes ago, SpiderMonkey said:

Hate to hear this.  Sounds like a helluva companion.  Dogs are the best and just want to love and be a part of a family.  We lost one of ours about 10 months ago and it tore me up and we have another who likely won't make it through the summer.   

Cherish every freaking moment until that time and be sure to say goodnight no matter how tired you may be ... you are their family as much as any pack. I hope everyone with a dog tonight gives a little extra love to theirs..

Edited by Dawg Bawls
  • Like 2

I started the dog thread on the other forum with a picture of our golden. We lost him about 18 months ago. We left him at the vet for treatment and he waited for us to return before he let go. It’s hard, man. I am tearing up typing this. Somehow, find a way to celebrate his life. We live on a lake that Dexter loved. We sprinkled his ashes in his favorite place. He also never met a stick he didn’t want to chew, so my son tossed one last one in the lake so he’d never be without.

Point being, your family has some awesome memories of him and how he made your lives so much better. I am confident that you’ll find ways to remember him and his special memories. I feel confident it will bring some smiles amidst the tears and help you heal 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I started the dog thread on the other forum with a picture of our golden. We lost him about 18 months ago. We left him at the vet for treatment and he waited for us to return before he let go. It’s hard, man. I am tearing up typing this. Somehow, find a way to celebrate his life. We live on a lake that Dexter loved. We sprinkled his ashes in his favorite place. He also never met a stick he didn’t want to chew, so my son tossed one last one in the lake so he’d never be without.

Point being, your family has some awesome memories of him and how he made your lives so much better. I am confident that you’ll find ways to remember him and his special memories. I feel confident it will bring some smiles amidst the tears and help you heal 

Yeah i had two and one went before the other did, my daughter was still 5 so processing was different for her, when the 2nd past, Yukio quickly stepped in to fill that void for her..Khy is 15 now and never had to process this before. She almost lost me and her grandpa these last few months so this is really messing with her.  I hope the pain will go quickly but I dont think it will. He passed away in his favorite spot in our living room and diner was really hard tonight..Prayers are needed with this one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Dogs are so cool.  I have had the dumbest Border Collie on earth, not even close and all I remember are the good times.  He was a darn good looking boy.  

Wishing all the best before our Hoosiers go on a run.  

Ha, I have never seen a dumb Border Collie. I grew up with two and they were insanely smart and driven. Had to keep them busy and engaged. 

20 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Ha, I have never seen a dumb Border Collie. I grew up with two and they were insanely smart and driven. Had to keep them busy and engaged. 

My good friend and my dad had the best and smartest dogs I ever been around so my senior year at IU I drove down to Kentucky, off the Jim Beam distillery exit and bought the best looking one of the bunch.  Total hunk.  Something was wrong with his brain though.  Great pet but the poor guy never learned a thing no matter how hard I tried.  Went to training and everything.   

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I say IU opens a can of whoop ass on Kent St, in honor of Yukio!   🍻 

That would be fan-freakin-tastic...He really did watch the games with me. He and I would sit on couch and would watch together...maybe because i was watching. Who knows. When I yelled at the Watshot and ran around like a fool.. he was barking and running with me!!  The whole family laughed their butts off...and when jumped the whole house would shake.. 150lbs dropping on floor like a brick

Edited by Dawg Bawls
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

My good friend and my dad had the best and smartest dogs I ever been around so my senior year at IU I drove down to Kentucky, off the Jim Beam distillery exit and bought the best looking one of the bunch.  Total hunk.  Something was wrong with his brain though.  Great pet but the poor guy never learned a thing no matter how hard I tried.  Went to training and everything.   

Just like humans... you can be great looking but just cant do basic math😄