R64 Kent State Post Game Thread

KDB

Another awesome game by Trayce.  Kopp and Trey played hard.  And since i was critical of Race several times after he came back, i pick him as MVP this game. Shot 8/11 with 9 rbs and very high level of energy.  He kept fighting at some critical points.  Congrats Race Thompson.  

• Like 9

1 minute ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

Got to enjoy 40 minutes of good basketball from my team tainted by 35 minutes of the announcers talking about how "battle tested" Kent State was because of two losses. Play the $#@&! Big10 and then talk to me about being battle tested.

Don't forget classic hits like

"It's an upset if Kent State loses" 

"Over-penetrated"

"missed another layup" 

"Kent State only down 14 looking to comeback"

"They fouled Trayce Jackson Davis?" 

• Haha 7

Just now, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Is there really any argument for Edey as NPOY after that performance by TJD?

No but he will win with ease. Very good player. Excellent hands and foot work but only has one move. Shoulder into defender and jump hook

Davis better defender ballhandler and passer

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, John S said:

Another awesome game by Trayce.  Kopp and Trey played hard.  And since i was critical of Race several times after he came back, i pick him as MVP this game. Shot 8/11 with 9 rbs and very high level of energy.  He kept fighting at some critical points.  Congrats Race Thompson.  

couldn't agree more. Rayce I thought carried us  until maybe into the second half. I, too, had been critical, perhaps more of the coaching for playing him when he wasn't in shape, but he played with great intensity and really got out to challenge the outside shooters 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

Got to enjoy 40 minutes of good basketball from my team tainted by 35 minutes of the announcers talking about how "battle tested" Kent State was because of two losses. Play the $#@&! Big10 and then talk to me about being battle tested.

I elected to listen to Don Fischer on the radio broadcast after listening to the Albany announcing crew in previous games. The radio was like 10 seconds ahead of my TV but my nerves were much less challenged. ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Just now, MSHoosier said:

couldn't agree more. Rayce I thought carried us  until maybe into the second half. I, too, had been critical, perhaps more of the coaching for playing him when he wasn't in shape, but he played with great intensity and really got out to challenge the outside shooters 

Race led the team with 13 points at the half and he started the run to get us to double digits with that big 3 in the 2nd half.